Transcend Releases Its 32GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Disk (SSD) (Press Release)

I just posted the article Transcend Releases Its 32GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Disk (SSD) (Press Release).

Transcend is very pleased to announce its 32GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive (SSD), which is compatible with most mainstream PC and notebook computers. The 2.5-inch IDE interface SSD has a tough…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13255-Transcend-Releases-Its-32GB-2_5-inch-IDE-Solid-State-Disk-SSD-Press-Release.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13255-Transcend-Releases-Its-32GB-2_5-inch-IDE-Solid-State-Disk-SSD-Press-Release.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I didn’t realize that 32 gigs is enormous, considering that there are 500 and 750 gig hard drives these days…

32GB is enough to get an OS and basic applications up and running. This is a great thing for notebook computers. I wonder, though, how it is implemented. Something like flash memory would have a limited number of writes, which wouldn’t be a good thing.

Yep, is enugh space for operating system, swap and programs that start slowly. For games…too small. :frowning: For media(movies,photos,music), just add regular HDD, for them is not necessary fast response time. :X I wonder why IDE 44-Pin standard :rofl: Another problem is why is not available in 3.5-inch size?

@Witchdoctor, obviously you’re not understand the article…

32gb is easily enough for XP + most common software + some games. XP(3.4gb), Office 2007(700mb), other apps prob less than 1gb. Still gives you alot of space to play with. If you want to store media just get an external normal hard drive. This is great news and my next laptop will have one of these drives :slight_smile:
This message was edited at: 23-04-2007 15:22

Very slow…so slow that a turtle might be faster…see the writes …up to Xmb/s and you will understand… :r …try to wait a while don’t be the guinnea pigs for the companies while you pay $$$'s of your hard earned money… not worth it yet…spend your money for a couple of TB traditional fast HDD drives… cu

I have one of these. Its useless. I spent two days installing programs and its driving me crazy. its the TRANSCEND 2.5" IDE 32GB SSD SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE. It reads fast but writes hang the computer. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :c :frowning: