Tracks getting cut in nero

got this prob a couple of times…
good qlty mp3 -192…plays perfectly in winmap.
but when burnt thru nero to a audio cd …some tracks get cut at the end…
y doe sthis happen…also this is a legal version of nero …how can i avoid this…this doenst hapen for all cds or all songs only occassionaly.:confused:

well, Nero is a poor software for audio.
If the MP3 files have defective frames, Nero cuts the track in that position (at least sometimes).

Besides, Nero always cuts the end of the MP3, except if the length of the MP3 is a multiple of a CD-DA sector (588 samples) which is quite rare in MP3s.
But this is only as much as 13 thousands of a second.

The same happens with WAVs, but these are usually multiple of a CD-DA sector because they’re extracted from a CD.

If you want to avoid this, you have to use software with settings for these kind of files: Feurio!
Select “Do not insert pauses between tracks - round tracks markers” in the Settings of the project. (Press F1 there for more help).
It also checks if the MP3s have defective frames when you compile them.
www.feurio.com

I forgot it.
Are you using a version of Nero between 5.5.0.0 and 5.5.7.8?

The programmers of Nero are so useless that they decided to cut the last sector always even if the track have a multiple of 588 samples, and they didn’t fix it until all those months later :a: :frowning:

Originally posted by minix
Are you using a version of Nero between 5.5.0.0 and 5.5.7.8?

Is it now fixed? If so, from which version?

I’ve tested that bug myself in versions 5.5.6.4, 5.5.8.0., 5.0.0.3 and something like 5.5.0.x.

5003 was OK
550x was wrong
5564 was wrong
5580 was OK.

So, it should have been be fixed around 5.5.7.2 or 5.5.7.8.

Now, it only cuts the end if the file isn’t multiple of 588 samples (most other programs fill the last sector with silence), so it’s not a worry if the source is a WAV extracted from CD.

I don’t find anything in the version history:

Hmm, I seem to remember ahead 'fessing up to an audio burning bug around about v 5.5.6.4 so your version #s are probably about right.

guess what …u r right …man,im using version 5.5.7.6…
shd i dwnload new version …or some plug ins .etc?
then this prob…shd be solved.??..and how can i chk if this thsy are not multiples …588 or wjatver?

ANd…im a lil drunk right noe…after loads of bcardis…

wow, you must have a great ear if you detected those 13 thousands of a second missing in the file :eek:
Thousands of Nero users were using that program during months without noticing.

shd i dwnload new version …or some plug ins .etc?
then this prob…shd be solved.??.

Yes, you can only download a new version.
Don’t be surprised if new new bugs appear or it doesn’t work as always.

To know if a tracks is multiple of 588 samples, use a track editor and see its length (in samples), divide it by 588 and the result should be an integer number.

You know it more easily because all tracks ripped from a CD will be multiple of a CD-DA sector. That’s why there are problems with tracks that do not fit those sizes.

And almost all MP3s won’t be multiple of 588 samples. Nero will cut its end, but maybe the end is silence. In that case, it’s not a problem. MP3 files don’t decode with the same size as the original: this is the problem.

Are you sure you want to continue using that program? Aren’t you tired of having to remember to set 0 seconds pauses every time you make a compilation? well… be careful with Bacardis :stuck_out_tongue:

huh? 13 thousands of a second missing ? was that for me or phil…?
r we talking bout 2 diff probs here…?caus ein my case its not 13 t of a sec that gets cut …but much more…as much as 15/20 secs and the songs end abruptly…thats how i noticed.

also…yes…am tired of setting that 0 secs…but had heard that if nero is default…in my case bundled…and then u install som eother prog …then driver probs etc and coasters …crop up…hnce have been 2 scared to change…

BTW wt do u recommned instd of nero

and yes…gotta mind my bacardis…havin 8/9 for past 2 weeks…

Originally posted by Seniormemberlol
r we talking bout 2 diff probs here…?caus ein my case its not 13 t of a sec that gets cut …but much more…as much as 15/20 secs and the songs end abruptly…thats how i noticed.

Yes, it’s a different problem then.
Maybe the other problem I said. Your Mp3s are corrupt and Nero is so “good” that it decides to cut them at the error position.
Or maybe another bug that I ignore.

also…yes…am tired of setting that 0 secs…but had heard that if nero is default…in my case bundled…and then u install som eother prog …then driver probs etc and coasters …crop up…hnce have been 2 scared to change…
BTW wt do u recommned instd of nero
[/B]

EasyCD Creator is a dangerous program because it install a lot of system drivers, but Feurio is inocuous: everything is inside its folder (no need to install, just copy the folder to another computer works), except the settings that are in the registry.
Feurio checks the MP3s when you compile them and warns you if they have defective frames and their position in order to hear the problem.
Also, it remembers the last settings used, and once changed to “no pauses” you don’t have to do it anymore.

tks,will try feurio …

Tell us if that was the problem. If the MP3 files have defective frames, Feurio will detect them when you put the files in the project.
Maybe it’s another problem.
Encspot also checks MP3 files if you configure to scan the whole file.

bit can it have defective frames and still play allrght bu t show prob in burning

bit can it have defective frames and still play allrght bu t show prob in burning

I don’t understand your sentence.
Is it a question? like:
“can it have defective frames and still play allright but show problems in burning?”

In this case, yes.
Defective frames will cause a very small zone with “null samples”. Winamp or Feurio will play it until the end and probably you can hear the problem if you pay attention.

Just drop the MP3 in a Feurio project and it will tell the position (in minutes:seconds) where the errors are, so you can hear the problem before burning.

minnix…feurio didnt work for me …is too buggy…i think…firstly i got psyched by the numerous warninsgs about s/w clashes & driver clashes…still foll their insatuctions…
then comp crashed 7/8 times in half a day…more than it has happ ina whole year.(it has crashed prolly twice in whole year).then nreo stopped burning mmy vcds also…
so … had to uninstall it…

any solution within nero itself…plug ins…?tks

Strange… I’ve installed it in a lot of computers and it’s one of the most reliable burning programs, but it can happen. It was a bit more delicate when it was written in VisualC4, but since they used VC6 I find it very robust… (at least, much more than Nero, EZCD, etc.)

I don’t think there’s a solution in Nero, unless these plugins have a MP3 decoder:

Of course, there’s an easy option: decode the MP3s to WAV before burning.

Update Nero if you want to avoid that it chops the last sector.

Remember to use EncSpot to check if the problem was that the MP3s had errors:
http://www.mpex.net/en/software/download/encspot.html
You have to configure it to read the whole file, “Options”, Frames to read = 0.
And tell us if that was the problem.

OT : the bug was fixed in 5.5.7.8.
5.5.7.7 is still bugged.

I listened to the problem in a CD with continuous tracks. First transision : inaudible, second one, inaudible, but the third one clicks…

i wiil minix ,tks

also these are the errors i started getting on nero after i insatlled feurio…
mind u only while burning vcds as mentione above ,audio cds burn fine…
even after removing fuerio .probelm stil continues …help
first i got some -task control mecahnism error…
then i got
3:03:12 PM #28 mmc -1106 File Writer.cpp, Line 321
Power calibration error
5:43:29 PM #28 mmc -1152 File Writer.cpp, Line 321
Medium speed error
wat are these ?

after completing the simulation process …it just stops…
tell me can i burn without simulatioon .wat will happen ?

Impossible to know.

I don’t know how Feurio could harm a system: Feurio doesn’t install any system driver or library. Everything Feurio installs is in its own folder, and the configuration in the Windows registry.
No ASPI, no nothing.

So, I can’t imagine what could you do.

Did you install any ASPI driver, or did you update Nero?

Power Calibration error is that the laser can’t be calibrated with that disc, but I guess that it’s a “generic” error message in Nero because obviously you can burn audio disc. Try changing media, but I don’t think it’ll work.

nah,didnt do anything else except insatl feurio…now removed it…

ok…i can burn vcds without simulation…is it ok if i ??and wht role does sim play?