Tower Floor Speakers?

vbimport

I need some Good Quality & also loud enough Tower speakers for me to drum with.

I have a Sharp 800-Watt MP3 System that is just barely loud enough for me to play the drums with.

I know I would need a Amplifier also for the Huge Tower Speakers to run on.

How would I hook up the Speakers & Amplifier & could I hook them to my Sharp MP3 CD-G10000P System?

I am wondering if I bought the CD-G20000P System that is 1000 watts would that make a big difference over my 800 watt System?

Can anyone recommend some 1000 watt tower speakers & also a good amplifier all under $1000.00?

Thanks!:clap:

Maybe a pair of headphones would be a workable solution. With all that sound, please try to protect your hearing. Music isn’t nearly as enjoyable without it.

I’ve tried Vic Firth Isolation headphones & headphones that plug in to the MP3 Player but I want to hear my drumming along with the song.

I’ve been playing drums for about 15 years & my hearing is great.:wink:

But thanks for thinking of my hearing.:bigsmile:

I know that’s a vital part of living.:slight_smile:

You should try open headphones.

How about the Grado SR-60 open-air headphones? That classic Grado sound and they should let in enough ambient sound so that you can hear your drumming. For $69 (@http://www.musicdirect.com) you really can’t go wrong. Even if they don’t work for drumming they’re an amazing pair of headphones for the price.

If the headphone route doesn’t work for you I would check into some professional sound reinforcement equipment. Try http://www.partsexpress.com. They have an incredible selection of equipment and good prices and service to boot.

Best Regards.

I have gone to enough live concerts and think that you need a set of speakers positioned (.I.E. monitor speakers) right next to where you sit pointing at you. This is what is done professionally at concerts. If your playing in a small room the sound waves bouncing off the walls and interfering with each other will make it hard to compensate for. Good open headphones may be your only shot.

Thanks for all your replys.:clap:
It is a small room i’m drumming in.
It’s about a 10x14 room.

QUESTIONS::confused:

If I Was To Buy Monitor Speaker Or A Loud Speaker Or Floor Tower Speakers Or Some Other Big Speakers With A Big Subwoofer.

What I really want to know is How & What Do You Hook Up The Speakers & The Subwoofer To?

How Does The AMPLIFIER Work & Is It Hard To Hook Up.

What Do You Use To Hook Up The Big Speakers?

Also I Want To Play My MP3 CD"S Will I Have To Buy A Big Main Unit Or Will My Sharp Main Unit Do?

I’m Thinking Of Spending Around $1000 - $1500.

I’m Going To Get Some High Quality Speakers & Subwoofer & Amplifier.

If Anyone Will Take Time To Answer My Questions I Will Appreciate it!:smiley:

Try looking at some ONKYO receivers. There solid and well priced. The subwoofer will hook up directly to the amplifier. Your going to need a subwoofer that has a built in amplifier. The ONKYO will send a line level signal to the subwoofer and the sub woofer will amplify the sound. Most subwoofers also have a level control on them. Get the speakers separate from the receiver, in other words don’t get a receiver speaker package deal. If you just want stereo you wil be able to spend more money on a set of speakers than if you try and set up a full surround system. Make sure whatever amp you get handles 8 ohm speakers on all channels. This will make it easier to buy speakers later if you wish to expand your system. The size of the speaker does not determine the amount of sound you get from them. You must look at the maximum wattage handling of the speaks and make sure that it is substantially greater than what the amp states or you will blow the speakers. If you use a subwoofer, the lower bass sound waves are omni directional and will handle most frequencies below 500HZ (this can very greatly) that means you need main speakers with a range of approximately where the subwoofer leaves off at the high end (that being the low end of the main speakers) You want to have an overlap so the sound transition is smooth. So something like 17Hz to 100 HZ for the sub and 500 Hz to 20K Hz for the main speakers. (this can very greatly at the crossover point, 100hz for the sub and 500 Hz for the main).

For $1500 dollars you should be able to get a really good system so shop carefully.

what you need is some powered monitor speakers or build a pa rig. Ev makes great stuff or get JBL if you want something a little cheaper but still solid. If you are local to me I make cabinets and use top brands but if you are not by chicago shipping is to much. For 1500 you could get 2 new EONs from JBL they are very common and do the job. If you want to build a PA rig then start with a good pre amp crossover build some nice 2 ways and a sub. a big 2 channel amp for mids, a smaller amp for the horns and a huge mono for the bass. Bi/amp is the way to go for best sound, it takes a little tuning but is way better.

Thanks for your in-detail replys I appreciate it.:smiley:

I’m looking at Polk or either Infinity Speakers & Subwoofers.

It’s between these:

Polk Audio RTi A7 Single floor-standing speaker
Polk Audio PSW125 Powered subwoofer
CSi A4 High Performance Center Speaker

Infinity C336 3-way Classia Series floor-standing speaker
Infinity PS-212 Powered Subwoofer
Infinity Primus PC350 Center Channel Speaker

The Receiver I will probably Buy is Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K 7 7 Channel A/V Receiver W/HD-Audio Decoding & 1080p Video Scaling.

I looked at Onkyo Receivers & I Really Wanted A Receiver With USB Input So I Can Play Thousands Of MP3 Files Of My Laptop But To Get A Onkyo Receiver That Would I Would Have To Shell Out Over $1000 Just For The Receiver.

I’m going to order off of the internet with a well respected company that has the cheapest prices. :cool:

Thanks for your in-detail replys I appreciate it.:smiley:

I’m looking at Polk or either Infinity Speakers & Subwoofers.

It’s between these:

Polk Audio RTi A7 Single floor-standing speaker
Polk Audio PSW125 Powered subwoofer
CSi A4 High Performance Center Speaker

Infinity C336 3-way Classia Series floor-standing speaker
Infinity PS-212 Powered Subwoofer
Infinity Primus PC350 Center Channel Speaker

The Receiver I will probably Buy is Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K 7 7 Channel A/V Receiver W/HD-Audio Decoding & 1080p Video Scaling.

I looked at Onkyo Receivers & I Really Wanted A Receiver With USB Input So I Can Play Thousands Of MP3 Files Of My Laptop But To Get A Onkyo Receiver That Would I Would Have To Shell Out Over $1000 Just For The Receiver.

I’m going to order off of the internet with a well respected company that has the cheapest prices.:smiley:

Just give me your opinion of what I am going to buy within the next week or so.:bigsmile:

Thank You!:clap:

Just give me your Opinion on what I should buy or where online.

With the Polk System & Pioneer Receiver the total is $1600.00 & I get a FREE $150 Polk Subwoofer that I would sell for $150.

With the Infinity System & Pioneer Receiver the total is $1458.00.

I would buy the Polk System on Crutchfield.com.

I would buy the Infinity System on Highdecibels.com.

I would buy the Pioneer Receiver on Newegg.com.

IS this Pioneer Receiver POWERFUL ENOUGH for the speakers & subwoofer that I will buy?

I’m still deciding between he Polk or Infinity.

I can get each price down some from buying them new on Ebay.

With that kind of buget, I’d go to a music store and get some real sound reinforcement gear. You could get a couple of powered monitors and a small mixer for that easily.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2174422]With that kind of buget, I’d go to a music store and get some real sound reinforcement gear. You could get a couple of powered monitors and a small mixer for that easily.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for High Quality Sound First & Volume Second because I will only be drumming with the System sometimes not everyday.

Also I can hook up the System to my XBOX 360 & play games or HD DVDS.

I would mostly hook up the System to my Laptop & play my MP3s.:iagree:

Would the Powered Monitors & Small Mixer have High Quality Sound like the Polk or Infinity Systems I am looking at buying?

:)I have to decided to go with Polk Speakers & Subwoofer.

What do you think about the Receiver JVC RX-D702B?

It has 150 WPC & the Pioneer has 130 WPC.

Should I buy 2 Polk RTI A7 Speakers & forget the subwoofer & center channel or should I buy one RTI A7 & the subwoofer & the center channel?

Thanks!:slight_smile:

Doesn’t your laptop have S/PDIF out? You could run 7.1 surround with one cable.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2176318]Doesn’t your laptop have S/PDIF out? You could run 7.1 surround with one cable.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn’t have a spdif outlet.

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--2424

I think you can find a better alternative to what your trying to do here.
They have USB to S/PDIF plug ins.

I have owned most all brands of stereo eq at one time or another, I have had and won’t buy some again, Sony, Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, etc receivers and amps. One brand of speakers I have never left behind in 21 years… KLIPSCH. THEY ROCK!!! I have had very good luck with Vanns.com

[quote=madmax21;2175273]:)I have to decided to go with Polk Speakers & Subwoofer.

What do you think about the Receiver JVC RX-D702B?

It has 150 WPC & the Pioneer has 130 WPC.

Should I buy 2 Polk RTI A7 Speakers & forget the subwoofer & center channel or should I buy one RTI A7 & the subwoofer & the center channel?

Thanks!:)[/quote]
I own the Polk RTi A9’s A5’s, A3’s and CSiA6 Center and love this series of speakers. You would be fine with either Amp but be wary of Amp specs as some are tested with only one channel driven vs two. If you plan on getting good bass out of the A7’s you will have to run them full band which can task both those amps, Save up and get a sub later and then you can take a load off the amp.

Speakers are very subjective but for me KLIPSCH are too much in your face.:slight_smile: