Tour de France

vbimport

Anyone here watching it, specially the guys from the US. Do you know one of your fellow citizen is a big player in cycling? I’m also curious in what other countries it is watched.

I bet Lance will win this year again. He’s just making things exciting at the moment, but like yesterday will be there when he needs to…

OFF TOPIC
I didn’t know that “France” is male :wink: . If there had an article to be placed at all, it would be de la, not du… SCNR
/off topic

Le Tour de France is broadcasted here all the day. Even though I try to ignore it, it’s hardly possible… Jan Ulrich seems to cycle pretty well :slight_smile:

It’s very close now. Down to stage 16, individual time trial and the german dude, Ulrich, is a monster on this event. Lance will have to OD on crack to maintain his lead. You know what? If it weren’t for that stupid bitch that threw the fucking plastic bag out and tripped Lance up, he would have a 2 minute lead over Ulrich, which will be more than enough to win the whole thing. I’m telling you, they should fence people back next time. At least it’s not as dangerous as rally racing. These stupid asses be standing next to curves and turns and out of no where comes a WRX and rolls over everybody.:bigsmile: Die you dumbasses… Good stuff.

I follow what I can from the papers. This form of cycling isnt as popular as BMX and I dont think anyone would follow the Tour if it wasnt for the fact that Lance is going for his fifth. Its the same thing that happened to golf when Tiger Woods showed up.

dansmug is a real cycling-addict. This has been the best tour in a decade or so. Very intense. :slight_smile:

I’m just following it a little, and must say that Armstrong is doing great again. At first, I thought that Ulrich would be the winner of the year, but on second thought, I think Armstrong’s got a fair chance.

I really am impressed by his action of yesterday, when he managed to win the race, although he fell because of some stupid visitor waving his bag around. Great performance!

Placing fences is probably a good idea…

Originally posted by alexnoe
Placing fences is probably a good idea…

No no no… imagine somebody’s steer getting stuck in the fences :wink:

Just Like athletics most of em on drugs <<>> sorry not for me

I didn’t mean high voltage fences…just to have the watchers at a safe distance of a few meters from the street…

Originally posted by The-poacher
Just Like athletics most of em on drugs <<>> sorry not for me

Not that I’m really into sports, but on what is your statement based?

I thought that the usage of all kinds of drugs (doping) is guarded heavily, to give everybody a fair chance to win a race.

What I really like about the tour, is that although there is a heavy competition going on, they still act like they are brothers… that really impresses me!

Edit:

lol @alex

Doping is heavily guarded, but they try it anyway… (a few of them)

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
Not that I’m really into sports, but on what is your statement based?

I’ve got a friend who is in to cycling himself. He confirms this statement, and that’s only on a very low level. I think there hasn’t been a single ‘clean’ Tour winner since WW II. Not that I care. It’s their body they’re messing with.

Originally posted by alexnoe
I didn’t mean high voltage fences…just to have the watchers at a safe distance of a few meters from the street…

Bing! Light bulb on top of head

Hmmm… that gives me an idea. How about they dig trenches between the course and the damn fans, then fill the trenches w/ petro and light it up. Try and interfere now. Muahhaha. Warning: Tired cyclist might fall into trenches due to attractiveness of dancing flames.

If it weren’t for that stupid bitch that threw the fucking plastic bag out and tripped Lance up, he would have a 2 minute lead over Ulrich

It was Ulrich’s mommy that threw the bag.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by dansmug
I think there hasn’t been a single ‘clean’ Tour winner since WW II. Not that I care. It’s their body they’re messing with.

I don’t care that they mess with their bodies but I do care that it compromises the results.

In this or any other sporting contest, what I’m interested in, if at all, is in who is the best cyclist, fastest runner/swimmer or whatever.

However, I’m not even remotely interested in who has the best pharmacist or who derives the greatest advantage from the various chemical cocktails that are in their systems.

So you’re implying the winner should be the individual who can take the most drugs w/o ODing?

ever see the SNL all drug olympics? ooo classic…

//on topic

lance is the classic overcoming all obstacles person that americans love. he’s to cycling what prefontaine was to running.

Oh yes, I remember the SNL “special” olympic episode all too well. Funniest skid being the russian weight lifter trying to break the world record by taking a shit load of drugs and tore his arms off, then blood started flying everywhere, but he couldn’t feel it 'cause of the drugs. Man, I nearly died laughly.

Originally posted by Stoner
So you’re implying the winner should be the individual who can take the most drugs w/o ODing?

Nope but I’m saying the winner generally is whoever gets the most out of whatever “rocket fuel” they pump into themselves. :Z