Tough Encryption on Farscape

I’m trying to backup the second season of Farscape (paranoid about taking my actual DVDs to dorms where they may get stolen) and nothing’s working. Trying to use DVDShrink and DVDCloner just ends up complaining about an IFO file being unreadable.

Using a trial of DVD Region+CSS Free didn’t remedy this, nor did using DVDFabDecrypter. (Even though Region + CSS Free said the disc was protected with CSS.) I’m beginning to wonder if it’s just the burner in particular, but in any case the DVD refuses to let me back it up.

Any suggestions?

Try DVDFab Platinum to see the result:

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm

episode discs generally result in unreliable, even unplayable at times, compressed backups. Generally I have had best results using Fab Gold mode, ripping an image to HD (ISO), and then burning same with Imgburn. The VSO in burn engine Gold may work fine for same, but haven’t wanted to tamper with success. The downside is if you are trying in end to burn to SL media, you may end up with two discs for the single original episode disc(Gold will create two ISO’s)…but the episodes do play correctly!
Hasn’t been a episode disc felt worthy of a DL burn, but in theory that should work also with above.
Bottom line, in my experience, both Shrink and Fab Express (ripper/compressor), either won’t process a episode disc correctly, at least all of the time, with all source discs.

Just to add to Larry’s advice. I’ve done quite a number of episodic discs with gold. I don’t use “wizard” or “season disc” option, as he said, results very inconsistent, unreliable.

I’ve had good luck simply choosing “Full Disc” option…on the opening screen for gold. The downside here is that if you have an odd # of episodes, say 3, one episode will split across 2 discs, but they all play just fine.

I haven’t tried Larry’s Iso mode on season discs, but it sounds like a winner… :iagree:

Fengtao, as a avid supporter of product, was just wondering…

• does the latest version address issues encountered with episode disc problems in past?

• you advise to use Platinum, but which mode? As myself and Tom (maineman) have indicated, express rip/burns in past have been very unreliable…thanks!

Surprisingly, this problem kind of seemed to float away. O_o I tried using my own computer (was using the family computer at first) and for some reason it has no problem with it on mine. It’s just that the family computer’s DVD burner can’t break the CSS, even with CSS free on in the background. O_o

Oh, and i’ve been using DVDShrink, and it’s produced real great copies, no complaints thus far!

[QUOTE=DaedalusIkari]I’m trying to backup the second season of Farscape (paranoid about taking my actual DVDs to dorms where they may get stolen) and nothing’s working. Trying to use DVDShrink and DVDCloner just ends up complaining about an IFO file being unreadable.
QUOTE]

I never had a problem with Farscape, season 2. I run Slysoft AnyDVD in the background to remove previews, extras, subtitles, etc. I use DVD Decryptor on the DVD and I copy with Nero 7.2 or Roxio Easy Media Creator. Both programs use great compression ratio’s to fit a DVD-9 on a DVD-5. I can always see the compression when I watch a DVD if I use DVDShrink so I stick with Roxio/Nero’s built-in compression.

Anyway, I have copied hundreds of movies and TV DVDs with 100% success. I finally hit a possible problem. I’m backing up the 4th season of Farscape. I am having trouble with the 7th disc (episode 15 & 16). 62% percent in the disc I get a media structure error on the 6th .VOB. I tried DVDFab Gold, DVDCloner, DVDdecryptor and 1 Click DVD Copy Pro. The error occurs each time. I tried 2 different PC’s and I got another copy of the Farscape disc and the same error occurs so I don’t believe it is software or PC related. The Farscape disc IS NOT CSS protected. I’ve backed up season 1, 2, 3 and I notice some discs are CSS protected and some are not. Since the 7th disc is not CSS protected, I tried backing up direct from Nero but the backup fails due to the 6th .VOB. I’m in the process of removing the 6th .VOB in my backup as I think it is part of the extra features which I often don’t watch anyway but I was trying for a complete backup. Has anyone fully backed up the 4th season of Farscape?? I’ve successfully backed up a lot of movies that were all CSS protected. The movies were TV and DVD tuesday releases so my backup method works on the latest and greatest movies. I’m guessing the DVD stamp is bad for this disc but hope to hear of someone else’s success. Thanks in advance.

Anyone had success with all seasons of farscape? Seems to me this is one of the most difficult seasons to copy with different encoding etc. I’m an absolute newb having only really used dvd shrink before.

Hrm, having success with using DVD Region +CSS Free and dvd shrink! On seasons 1 and 2 so far.

Have pal region 4 discs. Goodluck all.