Totally screwed by uninstalling nforce2 drivers

vbimport

Since I was using beta nforce2 drivers and they were apparently causing a problem with cd burning, I uninstalled everything and rebooted…Now, this is starting to drive me insane. windows WILL NOT allow me to reinstall the detonator drivers. My video adapter is shown as a service called VGAstart. I tried disabling it, but then windows loads into blackness (No video whatsoever)

When I try to manually install the dets, I get the error “The required section of the INF is missing” every time. Additionally, the VGAstart thing also shows a memory range conflict with the nforce2 agp to pci bridge, but the bridge does not show the same conflict. This is one big clusterfuck. I’m getting really frustrated by this, and i’m sure it’s just something retarded, somebody has gotta know how to fix this?

asus a7n8x deluxe btw…I’ve never had any problems like this with the board, or with windows xp, until now. I’m pissed.

alittle confused so your having a video card problem ??? i found one way to get rid of deninator drivers one way and always used this way it sets it back …but u have to be able to get in safe mode ??? can u ???

What, exactly, did you “uninstall”? There’s nothing to uninstall just to remove the Nvidia IDE controller driver.
As for the vid card, just put your driver disc in the drive and use device manager to update the driver on the video device.

treating me like an idiot is so much better when you ignorantly appoach my problem and flat out tell me i’m wrong about what’s going on. thanks.

Originally posted by striknine
treating me like an idiot is so much better when you ignorantly appoach my problem and flat out tell me i’m wrong about what’s going on. thanks.

:confused: explain please:confused:

Anyhow, I don’t really know what’s going on there on your system, but if there are Detonator drivers giving you problems upgrading to other Detonator drivers, It might be wise to try Detonator Destroyer (helped me once). You can download the little program from http://www.rage3d.com

Hi striknine ,

It’s indeed possible to uninstall all the drivers (using the configuration -> software method) , however Nvidia has the annoying habit to keep registry entries and not remove everything (for instance , the folder c:
vidia[drivers] stays).

There is a solution for getting rid of the registry entries.

To get rid of Nvidia’s Graphical Drivers (Detonator) you can use tools such as Detonator RIP , Detonator Destroyer or NVCleaner.

There is no real Nforce destroyer tool (Unfortunately). So i suggest making a storepoint in Windows XP normal mode , then reboot into safe mode , start regedit and remove everything that remotely resembles nforce or nv (idia).

Perhaps the people at Nforce HQ can help you.

Good luck

i hope i didnt make ya feel like idiot …but yes the registry drivers are crazy …I do it manually so I know they are gone …here they are …

dentonator remover never worked and i know this way does …

Click Start- Run

• Type REGEDIT, click OK
  • Click the + left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
  • Click the + left of Software
  • Click the NVIDIA Corporation folder
  • Press delete
  • Click the + left of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  • Click the + left of Software
  • Click the NVIDIA Corporation folder
  • Press delete
  • When finished, close the registry editor
  • Double click the newer Nvidia driver file you downloaded from nVidia.com onto your desktop
  • Follow any prompts to install the driver
  • When done, Click Start| Shutdown| Restart| Ok or Click Start| Turn Off Computer| Restart
    Reloading the Nvidia drivers always sets the display to 800 by 600. Change your settings accordingly.

Ps I always back up the registry to make sure that if some unlikely things happens, I can go back to the original.

i do this on ever machine that I have touched with nvidia video drivers …dont know why they are always a mess like that …I use the 44.65 drivers for mine cause of other version didnt like my pc and didnt give me open gl … …

i got those drivers from www.guru3d.com

cheers …hope that gets ya up and going

then when you reboot your video drivers should be just the standard ones …
… always worked for me

good luck and keep us posted

Originally posted by rdgrimes
What, exactly, did you “uninstall”? There’s nothing to uninstall just to remove the Nvidia IDE controller driver.
As for the vid card, just put your driver disc in the drive and use device manager to update the driver on the video device.

Uninstall any nForce drivers thus:

@striknine

Old drivers should be uninstalled prior to the new ones going in. This avoids all sorts of registry problems.

extract all files from the Detonator .EXE using WinRAR or WinZip (use the folders option), then select the adaptor in Device Manager and update the drivers from there.

i agree with ya futureproof … but i noticed when you add new ones it sometiems will not go cause of the registry is still stuck on older ones …that is why I always delete the registry entries …even nvidia techs i talked too said yeah that happens …kinda crazy world …but yes I add/ remove …then I reboot and then go back in registry to clean it up … and works everytime …

cheers

This has nothing to do with bad registry entries. Before an AGP video adaptor can be installed, the nForce IDE controller must be installed. This is what he saw as I’ve just reproduced it on my nForce PC

oh okay sorry was confused … maybe i read wrong or maybe just brain is on empty when i read it and responded …wouldnt be first time …