Totally New

vbimport

Hi I am new here, obviously. I live in Washington State and work part time at a refuse transfer station…yeah that means basically a garbage dump & recycling facility. I have some good basic knowledge of computers & not afraid to get inside them to install new cards, etc. I did in fact go to junior college (I kno wooohooo) to get a degree in tech support but life got in the way so I’m outta the loop lately.
I desperatley seek help in transferring VHS to DVD. I have a usb video capture device it’s a SmartDisk (which I think was bought out by verbatim recently) and the software is VideoSafe with ArcSoft QuickDVD. My issue is that I can get the vhs to transfer and burn but there is no sound.

It can’t be that hard, the smartdisk has audio/video jacks and s-video…of course the vcr I have does not support svideo and don’t know if that makes a difference. but anyway it seems to be hooked up correctly…

Help please!!!

I only have a handful of vhs to transfer (I threw out a ton and have purchased replacements on some) so I don’t want to spend a great deal of money on a device but I do seriously welcome reccomendations on other devices and software.
Thank you so much in advance for your help
Sincerely
shannon