Toshiba's HD DVDs will be late

vbimport

I just posted the article Toshiba’s HD DVDs will be late.

After many bought a cheap HD DVD player and were convinced it was a good investment, we saw Warner’s withdrawal from the format and the silent end of the format war. Before this happened Toshiba…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14742-Toshibas-HD-DVDs-will-be-late.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14742-Toshibas-HD-DVDs-will-be-late.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Some guy’s 5 free movies will be a bit late. This is news?

Here in Canada, they are substituting for the choices you make on the offer. They’ve recalled alot of HD DVDs off store shelves, and then send them out to people who signed up for the offer. So alot of people aren’t getting the discs they asked for, and some people are getting better replacements and some worse.

I’m sure there must be tens of thousands of people in the same predicament. I don’t understand why Sony and the movie studios haven’t been investigated for anti-trust violations over this whole HD-DVD/Blu-Ray fiasco!

Maybe Toshiba can send the customers that have yet to receive their movies a coupon instead that is good for 5 Blu-Ray titles. Add some insult to injury. :slight_smile:

Nope, if Toshiba was a half-decent company :wink: , they should send their costumers a voucher for a Blu-Ray player, in exchange for their HDDVD and would also send the correct movies on Blu-Ray format. But no, they simply lure people to their new-Betamax format and, in the end, don’t deliver on their promises. :r :d
This message was edited at: 16-06-2008 23:19

@johnzap “But not, they simply lure people to their new-Betamax format and, in the end, don’t deliver on their promises.” They didn’t “lure people to their new-Betamax” anymore than Sony lured people into the original Betamax. Both companies put out products, that were not adopted by companies and people. Nobody makes people buy this sh*t!

Someone tell me what happened to the HD-DVD burner that was to be available last year? Could it be that Toshiba knew last year that they were going to throw in the towel and call it quits? If so there should be a Class Action Law Suit against Toshiba JohnnyJT :X South Philly

Someone tell me what happened to the HD-DVD burner that was to be available last year? Could it be that Toshiba knew last year that they were going to throw in the towel and call it quits? If so there should be a Class Action Law Suit against Toshiba JohnnyJT :X South Philly

@Ogo, Toshiba lure people buy selling their product dirt cheap sub $100. Sony and the gang didn’t, they are selling their players for $500. That means they don’t lure people and they hope nobody buy 'em. So johnzap is right. :d

Toshiba = Cheap :r

“But no, they simply lure people to their new-Betamax format…” Betamax was a Sony format… Im sure you meant to say Betamax-type format…

[B]broke[/B] Yeah, it did (the consumer) a lot of good, purchasing those cheap paperweights! :B They lured people exactly by dumping their product at below cost when they knew it was gonna fail. It did them a lot of good, $1 billion on the red and all. :stuck_out_tongue: [B]Hypnosis4U2NV[/B] Nope, I said what I wanted to say. Betamax is a synonim for failed format. So, HD-DVD is now on that same museum room, i.e. the white elephants one.

@johnzap They didn’t lure anyone. If Sony hadn’t paid off the studios you’d be watching HD-DVD and not you’re Blu-ray. Sony has to make Blu-ray work because of the PS3. HD-DVD was the consumers choice. The players and media were cheaper than Blu-ray from the start. The players and media were finished not rushed out to compete. Profile 1.0,1.1, 2.0 ring a bell. You cant make any argument for Blu-ray because their isn’t one. It was forced on us and it will be the formats end.

“Nope, I said what I wanted to say. Betamax is a synonim for failed format.” I can see the irony in calling Toshiba’s HD DVD format Sony’s Betamax… By the way, its SYNONYM…