TOSHIBA TS-L802A new firmwares

vbimport

Use it only at your own risk! Flashing may cause your drive inoperable! Think twice before flashing.

TOSHIBA TS-L802A TOSHIBA TS-L802A AC05

TOSHIBA TS-L802A TOSHIBA TS-L802A AC06

Enjoy :wink:

Any details on this firmware? Fixes, enhancements, etc?

Unfortunately both links are down. Can you anybody provide me another download location or the firmware files directly?

Thanks
[B]TOSHIBAer[/B]

I’m also in dire need of these firmwares and all links from every forum I’ve spotted point to pimposh.

I’ve PMed him but it appears he has not posted on here for some time and I can only hope he responds… in the mean time, has anyone already downloaded these?

HD movies stutter constantly since I installed Vista. According to ACER Documentation the firmware is required in Vista and I need to BUY their vista upgrade cd just to get the required vista firmware… this is extremely frustrating since I bought the pc with labels in every orifice of every documentation specifically stating “Vista Premium Ready”… and I do not want to pay them any more money for their false advertising.

Please help,
Tomas

You will find these firmwares on my site at www.toshibaer.com/firmware.

Take care
[B]TOSHIBAer[/B]

Hi Toshibaer, I appreciate your response to my problem with this drive, but the versions requested in the documentation for my ACER laptop are AC105 and AC106

I see you have the RATF31 and RATF32. I do not know if they are the same firmwares under different names or if ACER actually has specifically changed something in it for their laptops (giving it the AC*** format). If you could help me on this issue or possibly find the Acer versions that Pimposh had previously listed I would be VERY greatful!

~Tomas

[QUOTE=wizardtom;1928829]Hi Toshibaer, I appreciate your response to my problem with this drive, but the versions requested in the documentation for my ACER laptop are AC105 and AC106

I see you have the RATF31 and RATF32. I do not know if they are the same firmwares under different names or if ACER actually has specifically changed something in it for their laptops (giving it the AC*** format). If you could help me on this issue or possibly find the Acer versions that Pimposh had previously listed I would be VERY greatful!

~Tomas[/QUOTE]

Are you blind?

Just read post #5 again. :iagree:

[quote=TOSHIBAer;1922872]You will find these firmwares on my site at www.toshibaer.com/firmware.

Take care
[B]TOSHIBAer[/B][/quote] I will check your firmware out there seems to be a need for new Toshiba firmwares, I assume all these drives are OEM because I really never knew anyone that bought a Toshiba DVDRW.

[quote=alan1476;1928950]I will check your firmware out there seems to be a need for new Toshiba firmwares, I assume all these drives are OEM because I really never knew anyone that bought a Toshiba DVDRW.[/quote] I would assume that some of these firmwares are for Samsung slimline drives also. ( I am not sure they even make one, but I will see. LOL)

[QUOTE=chef;1928846]Are you blind?

Just read post #5 again. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Are you blind? Read #6 again.

I read 5, I went there, and stated in #6 that the ones he had listed were not the same as the ones I asked for. I asked for the ACER released firmware for the OEM drive: He had the ones that I’ve linked back to HP. If you check the date for the acer one he found, you’ll see it was posted AFTER the post and that originally he had only the HP ones.

The reason I want the ACER, is because they DO have and admit in their documentation that they have a firmware update AC105 and AC106 which are required for the drive to work properly in Vista, but they do not release it on their website and REQUIRE me to purchase their upgrade disk to get the firmware.

I refuse to purchase the disk and am hoping that someone has the ACER firmware for TS-L802A because mine has had problems ever since I upgraded to Vista. The HP version of the firmware which Toshibear has listed did NOT work for me and cause a very drastic performance decrease.

So Chef, there is nothing in this new post that wasn’t already and more simply stated in #6, are YOU blind? Next time less flame and more community assistance, you never know, you might want assistance one day for something I have the answer.

Hi I am having trouble with my Tosh drive , I need to get TO firmware back on the drive and it wont let me and Toshiba refuse to send me the .Bin files for my drive can anyone help me with this one i have looked all over the Internet and on the toshibaer web site

You only need to flash with the -nocheck option and a suitable firmware.

Bonjour

Comment fais t’on pour passer du AC06 ----} T035
AC06 to T035

merci

Thank

I am trying to get the firmware ac05 and ac06 for the toshiba ts-l802a drive. The pimposh site seems to be completely down. I couldn’t get to the www.toshibaer.com/firmware site. If anyone has any other links I would appreciate it. By the way is pimposh down forever or are they having problems?

Is amazing this week I got a firmware disc from Toshiba for my HD Player “A3” the firmware is version 2./1.1 good for both A3 and D3 players.

P.S. I have already upgraded my “A3” 2 months ago to this version through the internet.