Toshiba SD-M1502 riping DvD's only 2x?

vbimport

Is there any way of inproving the riping speed ?
2x.......is slow. Toooooooo slow(takes about 45-60min to rip a movie).

PLZ help! :frowning:

TIA

i think it is slow because it removes macrovision and it looks for the protection on your dvd and tries to crack it…that takes time

No. It’s the Toshiba. The Toshiba DVD restricts the read-speed on css-encrypted DVDs to 2x. If you rip a non-encrypted DVD, it ripps at full speed. but it’s not the Computer that makes css-ripping slow. I have the same drive. wrote to Toshiba support aubout this, and they answered that they had restricted rthe read-speed on encrypted DVDs, as it would be enough for playing them on PC, and it would reduce noise… (and it stopps usersrs from ripping copyrighted DVDs, but they didn’t directly say this…)
Sorry, this is a drive issue… I always hoped it was a firmware-issue, and someone could crack it, but i don’t this there will ever be e workaround for this.

axc27

Originally posted by axc27
[B]No. It’s the Toshiba. The Toshiba DVD restricts the read-speed on css-encrypted DVDs to 2x. If you rip a non-encrypted DVD, it ripps at full speed. but it’s not the Computer that makes css-ripping slow. I have the same drive. wrote to Toshiba support aubout this, and they answered that they had restricted rthe read-speed on encrypted DVDs, as it would be enough for playing them on PC, and it would reduce noise… (and it stopps usersrs from ripping copyrighted DVDs, but they didn’t directly say this…)
Sorry, this is a drive issue… I always hoped it was a firmware-issue, and someone could crack it, but i don’t this there will ever be e workaround for this.

axc27 [/B]

that explains quite a lot here as well :slight_smile: thanks for the info !

perhaps you are right…my tosh 1612 reads them faster …i mean it rips encrypted dvd’s faster
if i choose not to search for the keys in the vobs it rips really fast…

No hes right its Toshiba… I mailed them once and they said they did it to prevent piracy!

i will have a look at it tomorrow…i will rip a dvd with my tosh 1612

Remember 1612 rips faster thab the 1502.

so then preventing piracy isn’t the reason i presume