Toshiba SD-120EE/EL DVD player Compatible with DVD-R?

Hey there

I have a Toshiba SD-120EE or SD-120EL DVD player - the manual is the same for them both. What i need to know is… does this model of DVD player support DVD-R? So if i record DVD’s from my PC in the DVD-R format will it work? Or does it need DVD+RW OR will it not work with recorded media at all?

Thanks for all your help

Cheers
ChicaneWeaver

I wondered whether this thread was about external DVDRW drives but it seems like one about media compatibility with Toshiba’s standalone DVD-Video players. :slight_smile:

Compatibility with various DVD players is something one cannot easily remember for each specific model because there are so many manufacturers and models.

So I used this for DVD-R and this for DVD+R from VCDHelp’com DVD Player list.

BTW, I edited the thread title.

Thanks very much for the help, it seems that it is compatible. Can anyone suggest some good quality DVD-R Media?
Cheers
ChicaneWeaver

If good quality is your priority, I’d like to recommend Verbatim or Maxell first. Verbatim DVD-R media are available for under $3 (depending on the retailer, shipping, tax, etc., of course.) There are also DVD-R media available for under $1 produced by Ritek, Princo, CMC, Prodisc, LeadData, and some other makers.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but i will use DVDXCopy (i think its called that) Can i just use that, copy a DVD then play it back on my DVD player? Does the DVD Player have to be MultiRegion??? Is it a simple process?

Cheers
ChicaneWeaver

It may be simple or complicated to different users. As long as one already has software such as DVD X Copy, the biggest obstacle may be that there is no DVD recordable media that can be used to contain all data in a dual-layer DVD media that are used for the majority of commercial DVD movie titles. One usually needs two blank 650MB CD-R discs to copy two VCD discs. One usually needs four blank 4.7GB DVD-R/+R discs to copy two DVD-Video discs. Otherwise, the processes are easy enough for common users.

Thanks VERY much for ur help and MERRY XMAS!
Cheers
ChicaneWeaver