Toshiba sattelite wireless problem

vbimport

Hi, ppl I have a toshiba satellite L300 series running windows vista home premium, I just got a netgear adsl2+ wireless modem and have been trying to connect my laptop wirelessly to the modem but can’t do it, the Ethernet connection works and so does the wireless USB adapter but I can’t connect through the laptop it’s self I have made sure wifi is on and the computer does register the router but won’t connect.
Can any one shine a little light in this for me, I really don’t know what else to try.

Thanx

[QUOTE=mistri511;2580171]Hi, ppl I have a toshiba satellite L300 series running windows vista home premium, I just got a netgear adsl2+ wireless modem and have been trying to connect my laptop wirelessly to the modem but can’t do it, the Ethernet connection works and so does the wireless USB adapter but I can’t connect through the laptop it’s self I have made sure wifi is on and the computer does register the router but won’t connect.
Can any one shine a little light in this for me, I really don’t know what else to try.

Thanx[/QUOTE]

What is the model of your adsl2+ modem? What settings did you use on it or have set on it? That would be the first place to look is at your Adsl modem settings as you will only be able to see your settings. Could be it is set to specify MAC address and you need to change it so your laptop can access it. I have a Netgear Adsl2+ modem but knowing which model would be where we can look to help you.

Hi,

I have a 54mbps wireless Adsl 2+ Modem router,
I have just tried to disable my firewall and attempt the connection again but it still didn’t work.

In netork ang sharing/ connect to a network it says that there is excellent reception with the router, Then when i try to connect it, it says press the configuration button on the access point before continuing and has a yelloy triangle with an ( ! ) in the middle, Then athe bottum of the window It says I cant find the configuration button. And gives the option, I want to enter the network key or passphrase instead, so i hit that and entered the password then hit the connect button and it says it can’t connect to Arron (witch is the name of the connection),

Hope this is enough info

[QUOTE=mistri511;2580308]Hi,

I have a 54mbps wireless Adsl 2+ Modem router,
I have just tried to disable my firewall and attempt the connection again but it still didn’t work.

In netork ang sharing/ connect to a network it says that there is excellent reception with the router, Then when i try to connect it, it says press the configuration button on the access point before continuing and has a yelloy triangle with an ( ! ) in the middle, Then athe bottum of the window It says I cant find the configuration button. And gives the option, I want to enter the network key or passphrase instead, so i hit that and entered the password then hit the connect button and it says it can’t connect to Arron (witch is the name of the connection),

Hope this is enough info[/QUOTE]

Your router should have a model no. on it to tell us what unit of adsl2+ that is. Without knowing the model no. I won’t be able to reference it to my Netgear as mine is a dual band adsl2+ unit. Just that withou knowing the model no. I won’t know where your seeing that part your referring to? But also when your doing the setup you want to be connected by ethernet to the router not wireless for the inital setup otherwise when the laptop or router restart you will loose the connection and any setup info you just saved.

Here are a few things to try :

First unplug the power cord from the router let it sit a few seconds and then plug it back in. I have had to do this with some routers I have owned to get them “unstuck” from whatever funk they were in.

Second. Check to insure the encryption you are using on the router and your laptop is compatible. Sometimes an older encryption is specified on one device and a newer one on the other.

Third. Make sure you don’t have differing wireless speeds locked in on both devices. For instance, your laptop might be locked in to using “b” speed while your router is locked in to using only “g” speed. If this is the case then they won’t be able to communication with each other.

Fourth. You might have a bad wireless card in your laptop but I doubt this is the problem.

Hope these suggestions help.

Sorry the model number is DG834GUv5

Second. Check to insure the encryption you are using on the router and your laptop is compatible. Sometimes an older encryption is specified on one device and a newer one on the other.

Third. Make sure you don’t have differing wireless speeds locked in on both devices. For instance, your laptop might be locked in to using “b” speed while your router is locked in to using only “g” speed. If this is the case then they won’t be able to communication with each other.

You wouldn’t happen to know how to do this on the products would you? I’m fairly new to using this type of connection and havnt come across these options yet.

Have you looked at the pdf instructions or how the cd media that contains the instructions or from the web site? I do know when I first did my setup on my adsl router I did auto setup and that how I got mine to work so you might have to do that for yours as well to get it to work??? Do your product match the one in the link shown?

Does your setup match these screen shots??? Not the same settings but does it look like these?

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Netgear/DG834GUv5/index.htm

here some instruction for the user manual

The WLAN set up in the adsl2 router (netgear, right?!) needs to be properly enabled & set up first.