Toshiba-Samsung SH-S203P, Advanced Auto Write Strategy?

Good evening dear Sirs,
I just got a SH-S203P and installed in my computer. The recorder came with firmware SB00. I updated with firmware SB01 and I decided to give it a try. After ripping a CD (Michel Plays Petrucciani), I went ahead to burn the image with Nero (media used was a Verbatim CD-R, Moser Baer India (MBI)).
Then I noticed that in the options field there was a ticking box entitled Advanced Auto Write Strategy. Please see the attached image.
Since this is the first time I bought a Toshiba-Samsung DVD-Recorder, can someone please help me by letting me know if this is an extra feature of the drive and how can I permanently enable or disable it if I wish so?
I checked the Samsung site but I could not find anything. I did some research here but with no luck.
I want to thank you in advance for your kind help, and if there is such an article published here already, please send me the link and I will do my study.
All The best!

Ripped and burned with the SH-S203P. Media used Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL (MKM 003). Burn speed x8 (Nero 8.3.13.0). Advanced Auto Write Strategy on.

pic 1: Booktype setting!!

This time a Maxell DVD+R 16x (proven to be a RITEK F16), advanced auto write strategy on, burned at 12x (Nero 8.3.13.0). For RITEK media I think it’s very good.

Hi,

seems you discovered some new feature :wink:
Even Google doesn’t show any further information.

At the moment, I’d guess this feature is supported with Nero only.

But the results are very good :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2205714]Hi,

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hello Michael,
It seems that even the local Samsung support center is not fully aware of this feature. They told me that the “P” version came a couple of months later that the original release of the 203 series carrying all previous changes and improvements in the hardware. My drive shows November 2007 as production date with firmware SB00. In May 2008 a new firmware SB001 was released to improve CD-R burning with some media. No other firmware was released for the “P” versions since then. I must say that I am surprised (in a good way) with it’s burning capabilities, especially for DVDs (cheap media included). I will try to post some more scans this coming week.
I don’t know if any of the guys here who bought a drive from the 223 series are able to use this feature…

[QUOTE=mciahel;2205714]Hi,

Michael[/QUOTE]It’s not a new feature so to speak. I’ve been looking for the app that lets you use this feature since the 223’s came out. My 223F is currently not installed and i don’t have Nero 8 to use.

I’ve got the Samsung SH-S223Q Drive and i can click on this box Advanced Auto Write Strategy.
But in the Log Files is written that the A-Aws couldn’t be applied.
Maybe is not available for my drive, but why does Nero show me this?

Do someone else have the same isue?