Toshiba RD-XS34SG DVD recorder problem

vbimport

In our television station (VEGA TV and VIASAT) we use a Toshiba RD-XS34SG-S-TG HDD/DVD recorder to check some commercial DVD material. Unfortunately the Toshiba recorder has never worked correctly (serial number: SLB5600600). Your product is a nightmare. It always has been instable, continuously producing a series of errors, e.g.: “Reading HDD has failed”; “Recording failed”; “HDD access error detected“; “Unexpected error detected“; This is not a suitable media for recording”; The disc cannot be played”, etc. I emphasize, that we use discs of the best quality (Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, TDK, Maxell), which work perfectly with the recorders of other companies, like Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony and so on.

The problem is not new and not unique, but general. The malfunction of the recorder must be perfectly known by Toshiba, as the failure has been published in reviews and individual complains by the internet worldwide. The poor quality of the equipment and the way how you treat the customers violates not only the standards of the European Union, but the fame of Toshiba Corporation too. The recorder frequently can not play the previously recorded programs and can not recognize the DVD-R media of the best brands, like Verbatim MCC03RG20, Taiyo Yuden TYG03, Maxell MXLRG04, TDK TTH02. Cleaning the disk or the optical sensors, the problem remains the same. According to our engineers, the construction is of poor quality, and the firmware may have been corrupt too. Unfortunately on your homepage only the firmware of the U.S. version is available, but the European range not, which is an unacceptable discrimination against the countries of the European Union.

Though I closed this thread earlier, Soto has explained that he is looking for a firmware update for this Toshiba RD-XS34SG-S-TG HDD/DVD recorder, so now we are open for business again.

Keep in mind that the model is a European recorder, and firmware for the US version will probably not work. NTSC vs PAL issues I would imagine.

If you have access to a new firmware for this model, please post in this thread with a link.