Toshiba or Burner as a reader?

What would the the best reader from my list below for SafeDisk and SecuRom protections? :confused:

Your TOSHIBA SD-M1502 would be best, as it is unable to read the ATIP of the CD-R. Generally, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives are better readers for copy protection than burners because they cannot read the ATIP.

-Scott

Originally posted by sonyman
Generally, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives are better readers for copy protection than burners because they cannot read the ATIP.
This does not make sense. Two unrelated areas when reading. There is no ATIP on an orginal CD.

I think sonyman is refering to playing the game and not the actual reading to disc image.

Hey Bulk :slight_smile: I realise that, but this was the question

Originally posted by CyberPlex
What would the the best reader from my list below for SafeDisk and SecuRom protections? :confused:

Sorry to confuse anyone. I did mean reading an original to make an image. :confused:

:confused: So can anyone give me some advise on this? What would the the right choice as reader for making an image from my list below.

Thanks

Iโ€™d have to say the Plextors as they are the best at handling SD errors.

Yup. Plextor. I always use my 2410a or 482448 to read. They are great at it. Love my Plextors. I own 2 burners and a CD Rom SCSI. The CDrom will play just about anything even if my other drives wonโ€™t. Great for not so great copies.:smiley: