Toshiba Laptop Brightness

vbimport

Ok, so I know this is an old post lol, but I am having the same problem. Except, i already knew all those things, but they don’t work. Actually, sometimes it will be bright for less than a second, then it will just go darker again. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! PS Where do I find the model number?

Ok, the model number would probably help you guys help me. Where can I find that? I looked on the bottom, but it is hard to tell which number is the right one. Oh! I can see the serial number, would that help?
Anyway, the real problem is that I can’t turn the brightness up or down. Sometime it will flicker at me, but usually it just stays really dim. It’s really frustrating, since a lot of the places I use it are fairly bright. I have tried checking if it will dim to save battery, and I have held down the “Fn” key while pressing “F6” or “F7.” If anyone can help in any way, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

Ha never mind! I totally just fixed it myself. For anyone who has this problem in the future, I just went and rechecked the “Reduce Backlight Brightness” under preferences for the “On Battery Power.” Then I unchecked it and all of a sudden it brightened up! YAY! Now I am able to use the “Fn” key. Lol, now you probably just read this for no reason, sorry, but thanks anyway! :slight_smile: