Toshiba HD A3

Sears has the Toshiba HD A3 on sale for $180.00 after the 10% off special tonight,use in store pickup to save shipping charges…
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05757608000P?vName=Computers+%26+Electronics&cName=DVD+Players+%26+Recorders&sName=DVD+Players

also panasonic 42" plasma, 1080P, yes 1080P, new model, for $929 till 11pm tonight

all you get is 5 HD DVDs with this one ?? just asking since the other DVD player got more. thnx.

All A3’s come with 300 and Bourne Identity in the box and the free 5 mail in from Toshiba…

ok zevia you finally convinced me with your many posts of how good the picture is so i ordered an HD-A3 yesterday from Sears online for $169.99. It’s store pickup so i have to wait a week or so to get it. None in stock here in town. I actually ordered 2 of them as their site was so screwed up yesterday (BF). Will get it straightened out when they come in. No charge on my CC till i pick up. I called customer service to make sure.

Nice rolling. I don’t have Toshiba A3 but bigmike (and others) says it’s awesome http://club.cdfreaks.com/1937148-post22.html.

I’m waiting for Toshiba A35 from Amazon Customers Vote, hopefully I’m lucky to get selected for $149. :smiley:

[QUOTE=zevia;1939019]Nice rolling. I don’t have Toshiba A3 but bigmike (and others) says it’s awesome http://club.cdfreaks.com/1937148-post22.html.

I’m waiting for Toshiba A35 from Amazon Customers Vote, hopefully I’m lucky to get selected for $149. :D[/QUOTE]
yeah the A35 is still a little rich for me right now unless i got it for that price. Good luck!

[QUOTE=zevia;1939019]Nice rolling. I don’t have Toshiba A3 but bigmike (and others) says it’s awesome http://club.cdfreaks.com/1937148-post22.html.

I’m waiting for Toshiba A35 from Amazon Customers Vote, hopefully I’m lucky to get selected for $149. :D[/QUOTE]

Somebody wants that 1080p/24 Frames Per Second (24p) Support.:slight_smile:

:cool::cool:

Well just as i figured i got an email from Sears saying there is a delay in my order :doh:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1940259]Well just as i figured i got an email from Sears saying there is a delay in my order :doh:[/QUOTE]

If you want, I’ll let you come over and look at mine. I’ll even let you touch it and fondle the remote. :eek:

[quote=zevia;1939019]I’m waiting for Toshiba A35 from Amazon Customers Vote, hopefully I’m lucky to get selected for $149. :D[/quote]… and I didn’t get “randomly” selected. :doh:

Me either. :sad::sad:

[quote=zevia;1940272]… and I didn’t get “randomly” selected. :doh:[/quote] Costco has got the same one for 249.00 with the HDMI cable. And the A02 for 169.00 , They have tons of them.

Just recieved my HD-A3 from Amazon.com (199.00 US for the player and 10 HD-DVD’s) and after enjoying “300” thought I’d go back and view an earlier Frank Miller work, “Sin City” on DVD to see how the up-conversion from 480P to 1080I looked.
After the DVD loaded the message “High resolution is prohibited for this content. Resolution was changed to 480P” came on-screen and the disc was indicated as playing at 480P on the display.
Out of curiosity I backed-up the original using DVDShrink and it played at 1080I;) and looked marginally better on my 32-inch LCD display.
Another incentive to back-up our DVD’s:bigsmile:

Another week or so for me to get mine.

[QUOTE=steven2874;1941916]Just recieved my HD-A3 from Amazon.com (199.00 US for the player and 10 HD-DVD’s) and after enjoying “300” thought I’d go back and view an earlier Frank Miller work, “Sin City” on DVD to see how the up-conversion from 480P to 1080I looked.
After the DVD loaded the message “High resolution is prohibited for this content. Resolution was changed to 480P” came on-screen and the disc was indicated as playing at 480P on the display.
Out of curiosity I backed-up the original using DVDShrink and it played at 1080I;) and looked marginally better on my 32-inch LCD display.
Another incentive to back-up our DVD’s:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Any non-CSS-encrypted DVD will play at 1080 through component, and ALL DVDs will play at 1080 through HDMI. With non-encrypted DVD’s, the A3 will output 1080 through component and HDMI at the same time. With CSS-encrypted DVDs, it will output 1080 through HDMI and black screen through component. If no HDMI is connected, you get the 480 output through component on CSS discs.

[QUOTE=CDan;1941928]Any non-CSS-encrypted DVD will play at 1080 through component, and ALL DVDs will play at 1080 through HDMI. With non-encrypted DVD’s, the A3 will output 1080 through component and HDMI at the same time. With CSS-encrypted DVDs, it will output 1080 through HDMI and black screen through component. If no HDMI is connected, you get the 480 output through component on CSS discs.[/QUOTE]

Yo CDan-

Maybe that explains why my standard DVD backups look so darn good on my A3 vs. the Panasonic s75 - except that I use the HDMI connection on both players - guess that the Toshiba is just that much better-eh!!

[QUOTE=CDan;1941928]Any non-CSS-encrypted DVD will play at 1080 through component, and ALL DVDs will play at 1080 through HDMI. With non-encrypted DVD’s, the A3 will output 1080 through component and HDMI at the same time. With CSS-encrypted DVDs, it will output 1080 through HDMI and black screen through component. If no HDMI is connected, you get the 480 output through component on CSS discs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the excellent explanation CDan:flower:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;1941936]Yo CDan-

Maybe that explains why my standard DVD backups look so darn good on my A3 vs. the Panasonic s75 - except that I use the HDMI connection on both players - guess that the Toshiba is just that much better-eh!![/QUOTE]

I always thought that my JVC HD D-ILA monitor had an excellent scaler, till I saw the Toshiba A3. It’s pretty amazing.

[QUOTE=rolling56;1940259]Well just as i figured i got an email from Sears saying there is a delay in my order :doh:[/QUOTE]Waits…waits…waits…:doh: