Toshiba HD-A3 with 10 free HD-DVD movies for $181.20 shipped

If you play your cards right you might be able to see it drop below $180. That being said The selection that they have for the 3 free titles that come directly from amazon.com right now is great. I am kicking myself now, I could’ve gotten 2001: A Space Odyssey for free. :doh:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000182111

The 3 selections of HD DVD and the 5 selections (the MIR one’s) are also not that good. 300 (the movie in the box) is one of worse movies I have seen as far as acting and directing.

I only see 300 and the Bourne Identity (a very good title) bundled with it, then the 5 extra/bonus HD-DVDs are broken down into categories A-E, instead of letting you just pick the 5 you want (you deliberately can’t do so, only one from each row). The offerings of Swordfish, Aeon Flux, Babel and Pitch Black would be good choices for me, but I wouldn’t be able to get them the way they have the rows organized. That’s backwards. :doh:

I bought the Toshiba HD-D3 at Costco for 199.99 and 7 free movies and the choices of the movies are horrid. It came with 2 , yes 300, and The Bourne Identity. I dont really want any of the other choices. LOL.

superman is among one of the mail in movies so aint too bad alan
they also have the A30, 1080p player, for $250
the price is falling
when it falls to $200 for A30 or A35, then I will jump on the wagon

[QUOTE=alan1476;1960615]I bought the Toshiba HD-D3 at Costco for 199.99 and 7 free movies and the choices of the movies are horrid. It came with 2 , yes 300, and The Bourne Identity. I dont really want any of the other choices. LOL.[/QUOTE]

What is the difference between A3 and D3? Do you know? Is it the Costco version of A3?

I asked this same question and this is the response I got

Yes, you’ll be happy. Your set seems good with the deinterlacing, and the D3 is the same as the A3.

The only difference that I have seen is that the D3 comes with an HDMI cable and the A3 does not. That being said you guys complaining about the titles, you have no appreciation whatsoever for the classics. I’m not talking about the Bourne Identity/300 or the mail-in selection but the 3 titles you pick from amazon.com. As I have said many times before sell the titles you don’t want, thereby making the player that much cheaper.

From that list I could easily pick: The Road Warrior, Top Gun, Trading Places, The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange. Keep in mind that the pre-1990s releases are often the ones that show the most gains when comparing standard def to high def.

Future Shop (Canada) Boxing Day sale!!
Toshiba HD-D3 HD-DVD Player $ 99.00

CORRECTION NOTICE Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD Player
WebID:10094195
On page 1 of the Dec 26th flyer, the Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD Player (10094195) is advertised at $99.99 save $300. This information is incorrect. The correct SKU that should be advertised is the Toshiba HD-D3 HD DVD Player (10095712)

Man, that’s a deal.

Great for Canada, sorry for US. I’d bite for that, buy one and hold it until I could afford a good HDTV for $750 or less (wouldn’t need but maybe 32" at most for me).

I appreciate the classics just fine, although since I don’t have the $$$ for the TV, it makes no sense to get the player yet. Irony is that they probably don’t have 3 titles from the ‘classics’ I really like. Doesn’t matter, since like I said, I won’t be buying the player now–it’s just bookmarked for future purchase once the HDTV becomes a bigger possibility.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

Amazon dropped the price of the A3 down to $163 for a short period of time today, and I finally took the plunge. :wink: The price probably will continue to fall, but I have 30 days to keep asking for adjustments.

Has anyone seen the new Blade Runner Final Cut on HD – how is the quality? I am eyeing that to be my first HD-DVD purchase other than the 10 free that come with the A3.

[QUOTE=liverbomb88;1962330]Amazon dropped the price of the A3 down to $163 for a short period of time today, and I finally took the plunge. :wink: The price probably will continue to fall, but I have 30 days to keep asking for adjustments.

Has anyone seen the new Blade Runner Final Cut on HD – how is the quality? I am eyeing that to be my first HD-DVD purchase other than the 10 free that come with the A3.[/QUOTE]It’s $148.52 usd now > http://www.amazon.com/gp/legacy-handle-buy-box.html/103-5256153-5665460

Me no see…clicking on (or cutting/pasting) your link gives an error. All I get by searching for A3 is $178 now. Crutchfield has it for $150 but only a total of 7 free movies. Gotta keep my eyes open!

[QUOTE=liverbomb88;1962365]Me no see…clicking on (or cutting/pasting) your link gives an error. All I get by searching for A3 is $178 now. Crutchfield has it for $150 but only a total of 7 free movies. Gotta keep my eyes open![/QUOTE]yep your right. It changed back to $178 already :confused:

I paid $155 + 7 free movies on black friday at Sears.com including tax but i had to wait 3 weeks to get it. They gave me 10% off cause it took so long.

[QUOTE=liverbomb88;1962330]Amazon dropped the price of the A3 down to $163 for a short period of time today, and I finally took the plunge. :wink: The price probably will continue to fall, but I have 30 days to keep asking for adjustments.

Has anyone seen the new Blade Runner Final Cut on HD – how is the quality? I am eyeing that to be my first HD-DVD purchase other than the 10 free that come with the A3.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec. so is this an open policy? I purchased mine on the 10th, so does that mean that I have until the 9th or 10th of January to ask for an adjustment on a lower price?

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1962387]Wait a sec. so is this an open policy? I purchased mine on the 10th, so does that mean that I have until the 9th or 10th of January to ask for an adjustment on a lower price?[/QUOTE]

From what I’ve read : YES :iagree:
Just call them or send an e-mail .

Unfortunately Amazon.com does not ship to Egypt :a

Is that $99 Canadian?

Never mind/sold out and did you get 10 free ones with that unit?