Toshiba HD-A3, A30, A35 & D3 Firmware Update!

For those that havent updated their firmware, Toshiba just released the latest firmware version 1.3…

You can update the player via the ethernet or download an ISO image which you can burn to CD …

Link to Update Information

Link to Firmware Download

Yo-

Thanks for the headsup-

This is the first time that I have had updated firmware [B][I][U]before[/U][/I][/B] getting my unit (comes in the day after tomorrow)-eh!!

According to people at AVS forums, this latest update fixes playability issues with the player reading HD-DVD discs…

Some report faster a menu setup, tray eject/loads and boot up times (~5 sec gain)…

This is a recommended firmware update…

Yo-

Just upgraded my brand spankin’ new A3 to 1.3 - outstanding picture and sound delivery - I’m VERY pleased with this player - and my backed up regular discs have never looked better-eh!! :iagree:

Big Mike,

Glad your happy with the player as I am of mine… The SD upconversion is pretty awesome with this player and ranks right up there with the OPPO DV-981HD, the holy grail of SD upconverting players… Since these two players seem to sell for around the same price, Id definately take the A3 even though the SD picture on the OPPO is marginally better…

As of this posting, the OPPO is selling on Amazon for $229 and the A3 is selling for $199 (10 Movies) so its pretty much a no brainer if you had to pick between the two…

Check this thread out for future firmware update for the A3 version [B]2.5[/B]…