Toshiba Equium L100-186 Hardware

vbimport

I am trying to dismantle the above machine. I have removed all srews markrd IO from bottom of machine, I have removed the keyboard strip+ hard disc + CD drive + Memory + modem borad + Wi-Fi board and the beast refuses to come apart. Can anyone advise or point me towards a disassembly handbook on line somewhere? I am desparate all I want to do is fix a dodgy charger input socket as the battery will not charge and I ma about to tear my hair out!
:sad:

Hi and Welcome!

you may have a look at www.irisvista.com - they have a lot of Toshiba laptop dismantling instructions. Maybe you can find something useful.
Please keep in mind, your laptop may be sold under a different name in other parts of the world, so maybe there are dismantling instructions for your laptop, but under a different name.

Michael

Thanks Michael. I had already looked at this site and can find nothing that resembles my model. I saall eventually reomve every screw I can see and either fix it or bin it!

[QUOTE=forresl;2481309]I am trying to dismantle the above machine. I have removed all srews markrd IO from bottom of machine, I have removed the keyboard strip+ hard disc + CD drive + Memory + modem borad + Wi-Fi board and the beast refuses to come apart. Can anyone advise or point me towards a disassembly handbook on line somewhere? I am desparate all I want to do is fix a dodgy charger input socket as the battery will not charge and I ma about to tear my hair out!
:sad:[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly ( and not too late ) there are some screws under the button strip between the screen & keyboard, as well as under the keyboard ( unless I`m mistaken as i have had a few laptops to bits recently) I built an Equium from two of the same as one had a cracked screen and and the other had a dead motherboard.

I am also working on an equium L100-186 ( the one I rebuilt from 2 broken ones ), this will also not charge, but works from mains fine.
XP tells me its charging, but it always stays at 0% battery charge. I know that it did work, before I recently formatted it after plenty of spyware& malware was found on it.

any help that can be given, or asked for, please email me on [I][mail address removed][/I]

Thanks
Simon

Hello there,
I have just successfully dismantled this laptop myself tonight, and it did take a while.

How far have you got with it? I take it you have unscrewed every “Visible” screw? Its quite tricky near the end of the process, I could lift 3 corners of the motherboard out but the corner that has the VGA port on was stuck.

Notice that directly opposite the VGA port, there is another, smaller section of PCB that houses two USB ports and the ethernet port. If you can prise the main motherboard upwards slightly, you will see there is a screw you can unscrew. Now remove this smaller board. Underneath where one of the usb ports was (furthest away from the ethernet port) you will see two screws are revealed. Unscrew these and then remove the long silver piece of metal that spans the length of the battery.

Now, that silver peice of metal is only attached by the one screw that you cant see, as its screwed into the motherboard from the other side. Gently push the VGA port and other ports into the casing and also push the copper fins upwards to release it from the plastic housing. I had a lot of trouble with the VGA port as it has some sort of silver strip sticker attached to it.

If you have any problems or need more guidance, please just let me know.

Colin