Toshiba DVDW/HD SD-L802B Firmware? (Currently HP05) Verbatim Nightmare!

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba SD-L802B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi Guys,

I’m really hoping someone can help, because I’ve searched high and low for a firmware update for my laptop’s Toshiba DVDW/HD SD-L802B super multi drive.

Currently, it will not recognise any verbatim dual layer blank media. This is very frustrating as I want my data to be secure and Verbatim are widely
acknowledged as the gold standard for dual layer discs. I searched high and low for a firmware update for my drive that might have fixed this, but failed. I have tried both 2.4x and 8x Verbatim discs but neither work. The problem is definitely not with the media because they burn fine on my wife’s laptop. According to device manager the drive is a Toshiba DVDW/HD SD-L802B ATA drive with firmware HP05 on it (HP’s own version of the original Toshiba firmware?) and the driver appears to be a Microsoft driver from June 2006. Please can you let me know where I can find an updated firmware for my drive so that I can use Verbatim DL media?

BTW Aone and Datawite discs burn fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

CJ

Which burning software have you used??

ImgBurn and Nero (ImgBurn gives the Power Calibration Error)

Neither HP or Toshiba could help out. Toshiba suggest that I might try and flash the drive with the latest firmware for a different drive (TS-L802A), but I can’t extract the bin file from the executable.

CJ

Also found out yesterday that I can’t even burn Datawrite CDRs

Seems that you have to ask HP only.

[QUOTE=chef;2167441]Seems that you have to ask HP only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply chef, but HP couldn’t help. I bought another burner instead. Sad reflection on Tosh/HP.

CJ

I had the hope they would fix the drive issues with newer firmwares…