Toshiba DVD-RW will not burn data to Lightscri

:frowning: Hello there!

I tried to burn data on a Lightscribe colored disc on my Toshiba DVD-RW laptop burner (8x) and it refused the disc. Do I have to strictly use a lightscribe burner to do both burn data and image? Thought a lightscribe disc was supposed to work in an ordinary DVD burner?:sad:

P.S. - (Yes, I do know that in order to burn an image I will need the LS burner)

Thanks!

Yes, any DVD burner should burn to Lightscribe disc, except a label of course, but since lightsribe is fairly new and I do not know how old is your drive, it could be just a matter of firmware update for that drive.

What brand is your media? As with any other media, all Lightscribe discs are not created equal; stick with Verbatim for best results. (HP good also, but contrast slightly better on Verbies.)

Sláinte

midders

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2239243]Yes, any DVD burner should burn to Lightscribe disc, except a label of course, but since lightsribe is fairly new and I do not know how old is your drive, it could be just a matter of firmware update for that drive.[/QUOTE]
I am using a Dell Studio 1737 laptop and I do know my burner starts with a TSST something so I think the drive is fairly current?

[QUOTE=midders;2239246]What brand is your media? As with any other media, all Lightscribe discs are not created equal; stick with Verbatim for best results. (HP good also, but contrast slightly better on Verbies.)

Sláinte

midders[/QUOTE]
Yes, the media I use is Verbatim and the software I use is DVDFab Platinum 5.2.3.2