Toshiba DVD Player Freezing (Technical)

vbimport

Yes, I believe I’m posting this in the right section… Though it seems like a newb question, it’s a little more difficult than that. I’ve had a problem with my player freezing up after 10-15 minutes of playing ANY sort of media… (ie: maunfactured music CD’s, DVD’s, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, etc.) The player itself remains responsive to commands after freezing, but the laser doesn’t seem to be reading anything…it’s like someone put 10 pounds of dust in the player in the middle of playing a DVD or CD. After I leave the unit off for 30 minutes to an hour, I turn it back on and it reads every types of media fine until 10-15 minutes later, where it’ll just stop reading the media…

So…it’s not the media I’m using…
…it’s not scraches or damaged discs…
…it’s not a dirty lens…cleaned it twice already…from the inside out…
Maybe the unit is overheating? But where? In the optics or one of the circuts or chips?
I’m not expecting a miracle exact answer…I’m just wondering if anybody else has had this problem before. Please don’t say “Oh well just buy another one…” Anyone with half a brain could figure that one out. I’m looking for any expert advise (be as technical as you want… I can keep up :slight_smile: I don’t mean to sound rude, but I’ve received a bunch of silly & obvious answers before. Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Oh and the model of my DVD Player is: Toshiba SD4700 Thanks so much!

Overheating is my first thought too. Could be the laser, the power supply, some chip on the logic board…

Unless it’s a really expensive DVD player (or it’s under warranty) it probably isn’t worth diagnosing in detail.