Toshiba drives

vbimport

Ok guys I know these drives are very good readers of data, but how is the dvd ripping speed ??? and
can these drives be flashed to be region free???

I am thiking of buying this drive, but have to make special orders in Australia
thanks

Originally posted by Mrsash
[B]Ok guys I know these drives are very good readers of data, but how is the dvd ripping speed ??? and
can these drives be flashed to be region free???

I am thiking of buying this drive, but have to make special orders in Australia
thanks [/B]
DVD rip speed sucks… My SD-M1502 it will rip encrypted DVD’s at 2x max :frowning: But an unencrypted DVD can be ripped at full speed (12-16x)… Too bad most DVD’s are encrypted. But the good news is that this is about the only bad thing I can say about this drive. Like you said it’s great for data and yes it can be made region free with a hacked firmware. I’m now using hacked firmware 1012 for my Tosh :smiley:

Strangely enough the Toshiba 1402 (x12) i owned some months ago could rip encrypted DVDs VERY fast. If i remember well i could easilly hit x9-x10,5 speeds.

I have heard other guys complaining about their 1502. I think their firmware are locked to low rip speeds.

Anyway, i suggest you get the 1402 instead of the 1502. I do not think you will notice any major differences plus that the 1502 can not rip fast.

Well Wanderer have you got your drive region free??? I am trying my best to get one of these but cant seem to get them.

WEll if you guys can suggest any other drives which have same reading quality as toshiba drives
can be made region free and
good rip speeds

plz let me know

thanks 4 all your help guys

I also own a Tosh1502 and it rippes DVD’s at 4-5x! Not very fast but you can’t have it all! :slight_smile: