Toshiba completes acquisition of OCZ, now called OCZ Storage Solutions

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Toshiba completes acquisition of OCZ, now called OCZ Storage Solutions[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/01/myce-ocz-storage-solutions-logo-95x60.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/toshiba-completes-acquisition-of-ocz-now-called-ocz-storage-solutions-70255/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Good news all round.
Good for Toshiba, good for OCZ, good for the industry, and good for consumers.
It also puts Toshiba/OCZ in a very strong position to challenge the likes of Samsung.

Yes - excellent news :iagree:

Regds, JR

Good news, I am waiting to see a more aggressive pricing on OCZ and Toshiba ssd’s.
I also hope that I can find some of their Q series here so i that can buy one for my laptop :frowning:

[QUOTE=vroom;2717065]Good news, I am waiting to see a more aggressive pricing on OCZ and Toshiba ssd’s.
I also hope that I can find some of their Q series here so i that can buy one for my laptop :([/QUOTE]

Toshiba ODDs HDDs and SSDs have always been aggressively priced. What Toshiba lacked was retail channels like the one Samsung and Apple have. Samsung sold Toshiba ODD. Most Toshiba HDDs and SSDs were sold to laptop manufacturers. As retail SSD market grows, there will be more distributors and importers so it is likely more countries will have SSDs from Toshiba and other manufacturers. It just takes longer for smaller markets.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2717252]Toshiba ODDs HDDs and SSDs have always been aggressively priced. What Toshiba lacked was retail channels like the one Samsung and Apple have. Samsung sold Toshiba ODD. Most Toshiba HDDs and SSDs were sold to laptop manufacturers. As retail SSD market grows, there will be more distributors and importers so it is likely more countries will have SSDs from Toshiba and other manufacturers. [B]It just takes longer for smaller markets.[/B][/QUOTE]

I know, and so far it’s cheaper for me to get a Toshiba SSD from amazon or any other EU shop than it is to get them locally, on the other hand HDD pricing here is extremely good for Toshiba HDD’s.