Toshiba 1502

vbimport

Hi Guys :confused:

Well, from what I have been reading, the Toshiba is a good drive to buy.

I want to be able to copy EVERYTHING!! With out problems. Right now I have a
Liteon CD rom that I use for reading and a
Iomega Zip 650 for my writing.

But I get the message that both of them do not support sub channel reading… so I Have to get myself some new hardware.

If I buy the Toshiba 1502 and use if for reading, will I be able to write everything with my Iomega Zip 650 writer???

I want to be able to copy all protections…
Oh I use CloneCD, and Nero

Do I need a different writer, from what I understand Plexor is good, but it wont read sub channels

HELP

I’m not sure, but 1502 and Acer 1208A is a golden combination. Toshiba can read anything, Acer can write anything.

Bedankt,

Ok Ik denk dat ik de Toshiba 1502 gaan kopen.  Maar moet ik dan een ander writer kopen?  

Als de Toshiba alle disc’s kunnen lezen, wil dan mijn Iomega Zip 650 dan gewoon alles schrijven??

plz note, only english here

BTW i got also a toshiba 1502, nice device, reads almost everything, but if you got the image, and you want to burn it, and you read it in with subchannel, than your writer probably can’t write it

correct me if i’m wrong :wink:

Oh, sorry about the Dutch, my Engish is much better.
Actually , that is what I am trying to figure out. I’m just going to buy the Toshiba 1502 and give it a try, hoop my writer will then be able to burn the subchannels.

Just check to see if the drive will copy Safedisc 2 as only certain drives are capable (namely the Philips drives, and rebrands)

ok thanks,

I’ll give it a try !

Originally posted by fallenang3l
I’m not sure, but 1502 and Acer 1208A is a golden combination. Toshiba can read anything, Acer can write anything.

Totally agree on that!

@stormy

The Iomega only writes 16bytes of SubChannel Data and not the full 96 bytes like used on PSX games and some other game titles…

Here’s a SafeDisc 2 supported writers list:

http://www.geocities.com/pcp-freak/4cdfreaks/SafeDisc2.html

Ps. A good source to find info on your drive is the CloneCD site which nobody seems to use: http://www.elby.de/CloneCD/english/cdr_a.htm

Just go to your burner and see what it can do! Simple eh :slight_smile: