TorrentSpy ordered to pay $110 million

vbimport

I just posted the article TorrentSpy ordered to pay $110 million.

The MPAA along with Hollywood studios have made a major victory when a Los Angeles federal judge has ordered the file sharing website Torrent Spy to pay $110 million in damages for copyright…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14617-TorrentSpy-ordered-to-pay-110-million.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14617-TorrentSpy-ordered-to-pay-110-million.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Torrent sites are like buses. There will be another one along in 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

I hope they go after these disgusting “public libraries” next. Imagine: Anyone can just go in, read a book FOR FREE, while the authors, illustrators (and most importantly, Publishers) get paid NOTHING.

Not to mention those revolting AM and FM radio stations, where you can hear music for free while the songwriters and artists get nothing from those doing the listening!

I agree on your library analogy, but the radio think, they jam commercials down our throats to pay for the radio station and royalties, so we don’t pay it for it directly, but indirectly by listening to the stupid things… or you buy satellite radio and pay for it to be commercial free.

“osted by punistation (guest) on Thursday 08 May 2008 20:36 I hope they go after these disgusting “public libraries” next. Imagine: Anyone can just go in, read a book FOR FREE, while the authors, illustrators (and most importantly, Publishers) get paid NOTHING.” Also these evil public libraries loan out audio CDs and movies as well…

What CEO or official hasn’t tried to get rid of the evidence nowdays and all they get is a slap on the wrist. His biggest crime was he was a little guy v. RIAA/MPA.

Nobody is going to pay 110 million dollars. They will just go bankrupt that’s all.

FLASH !!! Satellite radio stations are NOT commercial free.

“FLASH !!! Satellite radio stations are NOT commercial free.” I thought that this was their main selling point. So what’s their story?