TorrentHound shutdown partly due to anti-piracy organisations

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: TorrentHound shutdown partly due to anti-piracy organisations[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/09/myce-torrenthound-95x75.png[/newsimage]

The administrator of the popular torrent site TorrentHound has shut down the website after 9 years. Part of the reason is that the site was continuously bugged by anti-piracy organisations. The site that started in 2009 was amongst the most popular torrent sites with millions of monthly visitors.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/torrenthound-shutdown-partly-due-anti-piracy-organisations-80448/](http://www.myce.com/news/torrenthound-shutdown-partly-due-anti-piracy-organisations-80448/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

…and the copyright trolls are probably celebrating “the coming end of piracy.” They don’t care about what consequences their actions will have others. They don’t care about the possibility that these actions might be all for naught. That others would have been forced to make sacrifices for nothing.

These corporations have stolen too much from too many for too long. They are the ones who need to be shut down once and for all.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2780916]…and the copyright trolls are probably celebrating “the coming end of piracy.” They don’t care about what consequences their actions will have others. They don’t care about the possibility that these actions might be all for naught. That others would have been forced to make sacrifices for nothing.

These corporations have stolen too much from too many for too long. [I]They[/I] are the ones who need to be shut down once and for all.[/QUOTE]
And this will stop torrents…dream on…wacka mole hasn’t and will never work. Torrents just come back in another life. They still haven’t learned and will never learn. Torrents legal or illegal is here to stay-wacka mole stops nothing just makes it grow bigger and creates more torrents.

Well, if they celebrate, I would say it will leave a bad taste in their mouth :wink:
Sure enough, they will be going after public sites which are their feasible targets. Their trouble is the ‘hidden’ private sites which provides everything you want. As an example, most programs are available about 8-12 hours after release, movies and music are often available even before they come to your shop so they are in reality making small scores by barking up the wrong tree.

This has always been a cat and mouse game and I’ve been here since the beginning watching them fail over and over. It has always been one down ten up.
It started by swapping cracked software in the form of physical diskettes and tapes, went on to BBS, FTP, NNTP (news servers), web, torrents and streaming.
Name me one battle they have won? Fact is they only sunk an ever so tiny amount of the ships in the pirate ocean for each of the technologies.

So let’s take a sober approach based on history, and in that respect the winner has always been the pirates

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781085]Well, if they celebrate, I would say it will leave a bad taste in their mouth :wink:
Sure enough, they will be going after public sites which are their feasible targets. Their trouble is the ‘hidden’ private sites which provides everything you want. As an example, most programs are available about 8-12 hours after release, movies and music are often available even before they come to your shop so they are in reality making small scores by barking up the wrong tree.

This has always been a cat and mouse game and I’ve been here since the beginning watching them fail over and over. It has always been one down ten up.
It started by swapping cracked software in the form of physical diskettes and tapes, went on to BBS, FTP, NNTP (news servers), web, torrents and streaming.
Name me one battle they have won? Fact is they only sunk an ever so tiny amount of the ships in the pirate ocean for each of the technologies.

So let’s take a sober approach based on history, and in that respect the winner has always been the pirates [/QUOTE]
Couldn’t agree more and say better… :bow:
They could eliminate the piracy if they lowered the price to make it affordable that would be the biggest killer of torrent but as anything it comes down to “GREED” and “Screw the Little Guy”. That kinda mantra just empowers the Pirate sites and various torrents to grow and change and keep them going. They fail to address the underlying issue if they really want to control Piracy then they should look at the Mirror and ask what did you do for GREED?