Welcome to CD Freaks
I'm assuming here that you were previously using uTorrent to download BitTorrent content.
First you'll need to deassociate Limewire from handling .Torrent files:
- Launch Limewire
- Go into the Tools menu and select "Options"
- Go into Advanced on the left and select "File Associations"
- Remove the tick from ".torrent" links
- If you use Torrent Magnet links, remove the tick from "magnet:"
- Click 'OK' and exit Limewire
Now you'll need to associate the .Torrent files (and Magnet links) with uTorrent. You can do this as follows:
- Launch uTorrent
- Go into the Options menu and select "Preferences..."
- Click the "Associate with .torrent files" button.
- Click the "Associate with magnet URIs" button to also associate magnet links with uTorrent.
- Click 'OK' and now try opening a .Torrent file (or Torrent magnet link).
To associate .Torrent files with a different BitTorrent application:
- Save the .Torrent file on your desktop (instead of opening it)
- Right-click on this torrent file, select "Open With..." and click "Choose Program..."
- Click your preferred BitTorrent program from the list and tick the "Always use the selected program ..." box
- Click 'OK' and the BitTorrent program you chose should now be assicated with .Torrent files.