vbimport

Hello
Iam getting a copy of 2012 Tuesday.
I want to make a back up of this movie. The running time of this movie is about 158 minutes. I want to know if the dvdfab program will compress this to fit on 4.7 gig disc.

Thanks…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=fizzie;2498068]Hello
Iam getting a copy of 2012 Tuesday.
I want to make a back up of this movie. The running time of this movie is about 158 minutes. I want to know if the dvdfab program will compress this to fit on 4.7 gig disc.

Thanks…:)[/QUOTE]
Should be no problem :slight_smile:

Thanks jamescooley1:bigsmile:

Myself I would use a DL due to there will be a lot of compression if you put it on a SL

I haven’t been able to back it up. Typical read/write error warning. Guess we’ll need an update soon.

[QUOTE=Peehole;2498101]I haven’t been able to back it up. Typical read/write error warning. Guess we’ll need an update soon.[/QUOTE]
Had no problems with this movie a week ago when I bought it using the latest DVDFab Beta so do not need an update but if you are using the free DVDFab HD Decryptor then you might have to wait

Tried this movie recently and had no problems. Used DVDFab to make a “movie only” copy with no extras, and also made a perfect uncompressed copy with AnyDVD and ImgBurn’s ‘read’ mode.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2498927]Tried this movie recently and had no problems. Used DVDFab to make a “movie only” copy with no extras, and also made a perfect uncompressed copy with AnyDVD and ImgBurn’s ‘read’ mode.[/QUOTE] Thats nice but the movie only will not give you the forced sub titles, Had no problem doing full disc with version 6.2.2.0 and perhaps you should read this my friend

What do you mean by forced subtitles Jimbo?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2499450]What do you mean by forced subtitles Jimbo?[/QUOTE]

Forced subtitles are not in a subtitles stream but rather they are embedded within the film itself and can’t be removed.

I had no probs with 2012 in standard mode with the new paid version of beta7.0.1.2
yes yes I finally got around to buying in
long overdue
but of all things “Ponyo” is giving me grief
it’s reading @ almost 77GB with 10% quality
first couple of trys I got an error/failed message
& this is a rip to folder @DVD9 setting
I’m trying it now with pathplayer turned off & already got the read error message & selected ignore all
so it’s still running
I’ll let y’all know what happens
but has anybody else taken a stab at this title
I could not find a thread for it

Process Failed
w/ pathplayer disabled
quoting
video quality is unreachable
task_1 failed error=401
process failed

[QUOTE=zenhed;2499706]Process Failed
w/ pathplayer disabled
quoting
video quality is unreachable
task_1 failed error=401
process failed[/QUOTE]

Hi zenhed

Ponyo is a 2008 film which DVDFab should be able to do with no problem, have you tried cleaning the DVD to ensure there are no fingerprints ? a dirty and/or scratched disc would cause of you receiving the quality/unreachable error.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2499500]Forced subtitles are not in a subtitles stream but rather they are embedded within the film itself and can’t be removed.[/QUOTE]

Those are ‘hardcoded subtitles’ you’re describing SJ.

And you’re right, they can’t be removed.

‘Forced subtitles’ are the ones that can’t be turned off, unless of course you edit the appropriate ‘Prohibited User Operations’ (PUOs).

The ‘Subpicture stream change’ PUO being the relevant one in this case.

As far as I recall DVDFab removes all PUOs from both the IFOs and VOBs by default, except for the ‘angle change’ PUO (since removal of this can cause minor problems on certain standalone DVD players).

Earlier versions of DVDFab actually removed the ‘angle change’ PUO as well but Fengtao fixed this after I’d highlighted the difficulties.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I currently have DVD Fab 6.0.4.0 (paid-never expire). Will that backup 2012? I usually do Customize and take the movie and it’ special features, but leave off any Previews, if the movie has them.

I doubt it, why don’t you do the updates to the program ? Version 6.2.2.0 with pp enabled did this movie with no problems

I haven’t been getting prompts to update. If I d/l the latest version from the website, do I just run it to install or do I need to uninstall the current version, then install the new version?

I went on the website and downloaded the latest version, (which says it is 6.2.1.8) and then I ran that installer. Everything went through properly, but when I rebooted and launched DVD Fab, it says, (in the title bar), that I still have 6.2.0.5.

Anyone run into this?

That is the latest release yes ,What you need is to look at the beta versions.