Top Quality CDs and DVDs?

vbimport

My name is Paula. I’ve researched this question for almost an hour on this site (great info!), but haven’t found my answer. Would someone direct me to the correct link or forum string? Thanks!

Question:
I have an Acronova Technology, Inc. Duplicator (Model: Apus-EZ PLUS 5910 Automatic CD/DVD Duplicator)
We produce DVDs (video) and CDs (Powerpoints) for other organizations. For some reason, we’re having trouble finding the right CDs and DVDs to use for duplication. We need high quality since we’re selling them.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Either Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden would be a very good choice for both.

Hi Paula, welcome :D…I second Kev’s excellent suggestion :iagree:

I agree with the others. You cannot get any better quality than Verbs or TY’s.

Where do you live so you can get some help with where to find them?

The best CD-R are made by Taiyo Yuden. Other alternatives would be Verbatim Super Azo, or if you can’t get those, Sony…
If you need DVD+/R, Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Maxell (Made in Japan) are all similarly good.

It sometimes depends what kind of writer you have. Do you actually know what kind of writers are used in the duplicators? If they are a Pioneer, they would like Verbatim + or -R 8x or 16x. But they burn those best at less than maximum speed.

It kind of depends what kind of writer you have and what kind of speeds you need to write at.

For CD-Rs though, Taiyo Yuden are the best media with just about any drive. Definitely try to use those.

Many thanks to you all! Sure appreciate the help.

Paula

http://www.acronova.com/files/manual_EP5910D.pdf

I found that. They say on page 11 I think, that a full speed burn should take less than 20 minutes. That’s slow. It should take less than 10 minutes if it’s an 8x writer. I’m wondering if it’s a 4x writer? If it is, many newer media won’t even work with it :frowning:

4x CLV = 60/4 = 15 minutes.
2.4x CLV = 60/2.4 = 25 minutes.

So it’s most likely a 4x writer :frowning:

Your best choice may be 8x Taiyo Yuden DVD+/-R media in this case, because it might not support recent 16x media as [B]cd pirate[/B] already mentioned (and maybe even has problems with some 8x media), and 8x Verbatim are already out of stock in some areas.

If you can update the firmware, do it… but I think the best would be a new burner.

I would have to recommend a new burner aswell - they’re cheap enough nowadays:)

I use Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R hub printable premium line, TY CD-R hub printable or Mitsui CD-R hub printable for my Primera Bravo SE (Pioneer 111D integrated).

I’m not sure if you can change writer in this kind of machine. It’s not similar to Acard and those. However i recommend Acard and similar since i have one myself and it uses the 3x Pioneer 111 i have and works very surprisingly well :wink:

I suspect the firmware of these machines is tied strongly to the drive used. You can probably try another drive without breaking things. Just keep notes on the drive/tray/facade clearance, and repeat any physical modifications they made to the tray such as removing clips or adding notches.

However, you may end up with error codes or bad burns, so be prepared to return to the old configuration.

-brendan