Top Drives of 2008 - Rundown of Best Usage Of Each Drive -?

I need some help selecting a drive.

I want to put the drive in an external enclsure and connect it to a laptop (inspiron 8200). The laptop does not support usb 2.0 or SATA I or II. I need a recommendation on an express card that has these features if anyone knows of a good choice please mention this as well.

I want one that when checked for errors and burn quality is top notch, and produces consistent quality burns and is fast at burning.

I will be using it to backup lots of GB of data and for burning .ISO files are the most important areas of use.

I have read alot and I would appreciate if someone could kick a little knowledge because I can’t figure this stuff out myself.

I would also like to know if besides these drives listed there are any other drives to consider, and if there are any special considerations regarding chipset/controller/firmware.

Please tell me what these drives are best for and/or what drive you think meets my needs.

* 1. Pioneer DVR-115/215 series
* 2. Samsung SH-S203 series
* 3. Optiarc AD-72xx series
* 4. Pioneer DVR-116/216 series
* 5. Lite-On 20A4 series.

(copied from top 2008 drives thread.)

Thank you in advance for any input. :slight_smile:

Hi,[QUOTE=zack19attack;2235567]
I want to put the drive in an external enclsure and connect it to a laptop (inspiron 8200). The laptop does not support usb 2.0 or SATA I or II. I need a recommendation on an express card that has these features if anyone knows of a good choice please mention this as well.[/quote]You need a PC-Card (Cardbus) adapter. Express card does not fit.
Any Cardbus adapter should do the trick, make sure, it has a NEC chipset. And do not use any manufacturer provided drivers. Windows XP built-in drivers are faster.

Michael