Top 10 most pirated TV shows of 2012

vbimport

I just posted the article Top 10 most pirated TV shows of 2012.

Top 10 most pirated TV shows of 2012

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/top-10-most-pirated-tv-shows-of-2012-65441/](http://www.myce.com/news/top-10-most-pirated-tv-shows-of-2012-65441/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Not surprising to see Game of Thrones up there. HBO is a premium channel that not everyone gets, and no legal streaming for their series without a subscription.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2670259]Not surprising to see Game of Thrones up there.[/QUOTE] Game of Thrones Season 2 aired from April to June in the US, and over here in Scandinavia it will not air until 2013 and it’s still not available to buy in the shops… so no wonder people can’t wait and are downloading pirated copies of it.

When it’s released here on DVD/Blu-ray in March it will probably cost twice what you can buy Season 1 for now, which gives even more people a reason to pirate instead of buying.

The content creators are not making it easy or attractive to be an honest consumer.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2670265]Game of Thrones Season 2 aired from April to June in the US, and over here in Scandinavia it will not air until 2013 and it’s still not available to buy in the shops… so no wonder people can’t wait and are downloading pirated copies of it.

When it’s released here on DVD/Blu-ray in March it will probably cost twice what you can buy Season 1 for now, which gives even more people a reason to pirate instead of buying.

The content creators are not making it easy or attractive to be an honest consumer.[/QUOTE]
When I looked at the list it didn’t make sense that The Big Bang Theory (which can be streamed from the CBS website) was there, but as DrageMester mentions just because it’s easy to get one place doesn’t mean you can have it everywhere.

You also see delayed and/or nonexistant distribution of shows between countries such s Law and Order UK, Shameless UK, Hollyoaks, etc. However, you can also see some streaming retransmission of channels-- whether they are authorized or condoned is anyone’s guess, but it still happens.

With some luck, streaming will begin to be bigger than downloading…

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2670259]Not surprising to see Game of Thrones up there. HBO is a premium channel that not everyone gets, and no legal streaming for their series without a subscription.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Game of Thrones is absolutely superb and I can’t wait for series three. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2670328]Indeed, Game of Thrones is absolutely superb and I can’t wait for series three. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]I have not seen the second season yet…waiting on the Blu-ray so that I can get it.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2670334]I have not seen the second season yet…waiting on the Blu-ray so that I can get it.[/QUOTE]

It’s superb, better than the first series, so you’ll enjoy it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Don-Wanna-Know;2670274]When I looked at the list it didn’t make sense that The Big Bang Theory (which can be streamed from the CBS website) was there, but as DrageMester mentions just because it’s easy to get one place doesn’t mean you can have it everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I think you will find it’s regionally locked to US IP addresses

It’s hard to argue against downloading “piracy” when the prices and availability from so-called legitimate channels seem like a cross between vindictive, anti-fan pettiness and outright pricing-piracy, too.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2670265]Game of Thrones Season 2 aired from April to June in the US, and over here in Scandinavia it will not air until 2013 and it’s still not available to buy in the shops… so no wonder people can’t wait and are downloading pirated copies of it.

The content creators are not making it easy or attractive to be an honest consumer.[/QUOTE]

That’s because the US has the best retail pricing in the world and when you compare the prices to the US it looks very expensive. In other countries, one distributor often holds the rights to sell a brand name product or tv show etc and can set a very high price for the consumers of that country. It’s called a distribution monopoly. In Australia, large numbers of people are buying products direct from the US or UK so they can bypass the local greedy distributors. It also helps that the Australian currency is very strong against the other currencies of the world right now.

Not surprised GOT is up there, I love it and I am guilty of d/ling it. But Im also guilty of buying the blu ray of season 1 even though I have good 720p mkvs. It was 38 bucks on sale when I was in Maine last summer, I couldn’t resist. But full price in Canada is high, for too many products unfortunately.