Too Much Burning Software

vbimport

After reading through loads of theads in this excellent forum and how different people recommend their favourite burning software I thought I would give them a try as some are free and others you can get trial versions.

Trouble is too much is bad, I ended up with

Nero
Instant Write
Ashshampoo mp3 studio
feurio
cdrwin
blindwrite
EAC

Oops they all started to conflict with each other and nothing would work.

So I uninstalled the lot and put just nero back on and it's ok now.

I would like to have EAC as well though, does anybody know if it is ok to have nero and EAC?

Just one more question which will probably cause loads of arguments but
If you could only have one burning software on your machine which must be a good allrounder what would it be.

Graham

vob InstantDVD+CD…packet writing to dvd-rw + dvd copys
cloneCD…cd copys
Nero…mastering data cds and dvds

sorry I can’t get by with just one.

these 3 all work OK together on windows ME

I have Clonecd, Nero and EAC with Windows XP and they all don’t conflict with eachother.

You can’t take one burningsoftware for all your needs. It depends where you’re using it for.
This can end in an endless discussion same with which processor is the best Intel or AMD or what is the best CDwriter Liteon or Plextor but I give it a try.
To make backups from copy-protected games - Clonecd.
To read audio slow but secure - EAC
To read and write fast and easy whatever you like - Nero

I can say that Feurio and EAC can’t conflict with any other because they don’t install any driver or library in the system.

They use Windows ASPI layer to comunicate with drives, so if one of those is accesing the drive (writing for example) the rest can’t bother that operation.

Nero installs a driver, and I don’t know about the rest. You can use Feurio “System Diagnostics” in CD-Writer “Extras” menu to check and disable the drivers you want.

The most dangerous are usually packet-writing software (seems that Instant Write could be one of those programs).

You can have Nero, EAC and Feurio with no problems (the only problematic could be Nero).

Also I have or had Stomp Record Now MAX (without packet writing), Prassi PrimoCD and some others at the same time…
Even if I disable the drivers that some programs install, they write without problem.

Oh, and CloneCD also installs drivers but I have no problem.

At the moment, i have Nero, EAC, CCD, Blindwrite Suite installed in my system and dont have any problems.

Problems usually arise due to driver conflicts between Nero and CDRWin/Feurio.

Hello,

I am part of Blindwrite Team, and I can ensure than our recommanded settings don’t affect others burning software.
Of course I receive some technical report, but most of time the problem is due to the %$*ù adaptec aspi.
I can just talk about Blindwrite with others software…
personaly, I used Blindwrite, Copytocd, WinOnCD5, EZ CD Creator 5, CD recordings labs ( from Magic for test… )…

insektors bring me some problems sometimes because I didn’t know to use it…
I never reinstall my main computer ( a laptop ) and I can ensure I use sometimes with alpha version of our driver Patin-couffin…

I hope this comments will help you.

Regards,

Fabrice
Blindwrite Team

Feurio can’t conflict with anything, because it installs no driver. It uses the Windows ASPI layer. The problem could be Nero.

Old CDRWin versions the same, unless you install its own ASPI
layer.

PS:
Sorry, I said "They use Windows ASPI layer to comunicate with drives, so if one of those is accesing the drive (writing for example) the rest can’t bother that operation. "

The rest wouldn’t bother the operation if they were kind programs and also use Windows ASPI layer, but some of them install their own drivers so it’s possible they conflict with the good software (Feurio, EAC or CDRWin 3.x if you don’t install its layer).

well some windows ASPI ( adaptec ) are far to be perfect… we have made a lot of test when we were developing Blindwrite, it’s to bypass some limitations and strange errors we choosed to develop our own aspi layer, but … only us use Patin Couffin, it 's why we know there is no conflict with others software.
Clonecd install a filter no ? maybe it affects ( like insektor ) the stability of the windows installation.

@lapinou

It’s a great opportunity to share with you my mate’s thoughts about Blindwrite as ppl.

“I actually love Blindwrite as I see them as a bunch of undisciplined guys who got together and made this great product. Originally, they didn’t answer e-mail or did so sporadically and worked in fits and starts, maybe with other jobs. Now, that they are getting older and see the potential they are becoming more organized and professional (or trying). I bought their program too and it is probably time to buy it again to support them.”

So, you know now :smiley:

Wow
this forum rocks
I only posted earlier this evening and already loads of replies.
Will try just one thing at a time in future and if ok will try another, and in the case of trial stuff will purchase my fave stuff.

ps
tried to post before but somming went wrong so sorry if 2 posts appear.

Graham

@bexywexy1066

here’s one more, just to think about it
club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44886&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

To BoSkin :

thanks for the comments. Some part are true, some less.
We try to make our best to improve the product, manage new ones, and deal with the support. Yes the registration are important, to allow us to have time to improve the products and create new one with features not available at this time.

how many different burning softwares can be installed safely in a system? I currently have Nero for general burn, ccd for 1:1 backup and EAC to rip my audio cds and the only prob am encountering is Nero’s slow startup/shutdown speed. I read somewhere before (can’t remember now) that Nero is usually slow in WinXP system…like mine…it’s own aspi driver is installed so I dun think that’s what making it so slow…any ideas?

Originally posted by bexywexy1066
[B]After reading through loads of theads in this excellent forum and how different people recommend their favourite burning software I thought I would give them a try as some are free and others you can get trial versions.

Trouble is too much is bad, I ended up with

Nero
Instant Write
Ashshampoo mp3 studio
feurio
cdrwin
blindwrite
EAC

Oops they all started to conflict with each other and nothing would work.

So I uninstalled the lot and put just nero back on and it’s ok now.

I would like to have EAC as well though, does anybody know if it is ok to have nero and EAC?

Just one more question which will probably cause loads of arguments but
If you could only have one burning software on your machine which must be a good allrounder what would it be.

Graham [/B]

I have Nero 5.5 , Feurio 1.65, CloneCD v4, Blindwrite Suite v4.0.5, VOB InstantCD+DVD v6.0 installed in my system no problems. until now…my OS is WinXP