Too many choices!

im looking to upgrade my broken down pioneer 105 and have no idea which is the better writer could someone please help me! i have the choice of the following:
pioneer 107/a07
nec 2500
nec 2510a

Thanks!!

if i were you i would have bought nec 2510a
because you can write dual layer dvd’s with a firmware update.
but it’s a truth that pioneer is very successfull too.
and i recommend you to consider buying a liteon drive.
good bye

It depends on your needs. Movies vs games, mostly dvd+r vs dvd-r, and separate reader or not. There’s no simple answer to this. If you were happy with your 105, you’ll likely be impressed with the A07.

It depends on your needs. Movies vs games, mostly dvd+r vs dvd-r, and separate reader or not. There’s no simple answer to this. If you were happy with your 105, you’ll likely be impressed with the A07.

You said “movies vs. games” … for games… which one is the best? Games… appz… data :smiley:

I have a simliar question!
I want to buy a DVDRW this week, and I’ve read got me confused about Nec 2510a and a Pioneer 107D.
I want one to burn data and Divx.

Both drives do good quality burns. Look at the price tag…

Supposedly, the Pioneer’s great strength is in movies. For games, NEC and LiteOn tend to be better. All are excellent drives in the end, but good to get one strong in what you’re interested in.

The NEC 2500/2510 is a great writer, but a little weaker as a reader, if going that route ussually get a separate dvd-rom reader.