Too large image

I have an image file of an video dvd that I would like to burn BUT the image is 1 yes one mb too big so neither Nero nor Recordnow Max will burn the image because the disc is to small. As dvd overburning isn’t possible yet I wonder if there is an easy way to shrink the image file?

Originally posted by Viggen

I wonder if there is an easy way to shrink the image file?
Perhaps this one may come in handy >

UltraISO 6.52

Get smaller ISO image size

Firstly, use ‘Save As’ instead of ‘Save’ directly. Just as file system in hard disk, when you delete some files from ISO image, the allocated space by the files become empty, and can be re-used by newly added files; but the total image size keeps unchanged. ‘Save As’ will create a new image, which pack all unused space.

Secondly, check ‘Optimize’ option in ‘Properties’ dialoge, UltraISO will code same files in different directories only once.
This feature can reduce image size dramatically when you are making All-in-one bootable CD or DVD

Thanks

It did shrink the image enough but the movie didn’t work properly anyway, I think the image was corrupt.

As dvd overburning isn’t possible yet …

Why not??? There is no possible guarantee a cdr will ever give you 74 or 80 min so to ensure themselves, companies add on some extra lenght. I am sure DVD mfg do the same for assurance purposes on DVDR media.

Viggen is right. there’s currently no way to overburn a dvd. the extra length obtained by overburning a cdr doesn’t come from some type of additional capacity, but from writing into the Lead-Out area of the disc.

[B]Thanks

It did shrink the image enough but the movie didn’t work properly anyway, I think the image was corrupt. [/B]

You can use Daemon Tools or other such things to mount the image and then run the movie as normal using your PC DVD player s/w. This is always a worthwhile thing to do to check the menu’s, film, or whatever is correct.