Tomb Raider - Underworld backup

vbimport

I have read few posts from here and I used them trying to make a backup of Tomb Raider - Underworld game.
The idea is to make an ISO image and use it instead of an original disk (backup).
I tried using Deamon Tools but I got a message about emulation problem…

Now - can anyone help me and explain to me how to make a working backup of this game??

Most games won’t run from a normal backup or copy as the copy protection gets lost in the process.

Regardless, most burning tools (I use Alcohol 120%) will read a disc and create an iso image on your HDD. You then simply mount the image using a program such as Daemon Tools (again, I use Alcohol 120%).

Emulation is only needed for games that are not PC games.

Thank you.

Everytime I load it up using Daemon Tools, it says:
“Emulator detected!
Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software”

This happens when the ISO image is mounted with Deamon Tools.

Is there some way to backup the original DVD disk so that the original disk is not needed for the game to work properly?

Sounds like copy protection. It’s to prevent people from playing without an original disc.

I have read some posts on this forum and there were some solutions to backup protected disks. They just simply don’t work with Tomb Raider - Underworld.

I found a file:

tru.dat | SecuROM Detected - Version 07.38.0014

Now is there some walkaround to backup the disk and to disable SecuROM??

[quote=vargrin;2186711]Is there some way to backup the original DVD disk so that the original disk is not needed for the game to work properly?[/quote]You could try GameJackal from SlySoft, which has a 30-day full-feature free trial.

OK, but what after those 30 days??

My idea is to buy an original game and make a copy of it for personal use this backup instead of my original DVD disk (so it will not get destroyed).

So like I wrote earlier:

The idea is to make an ISO image of Tomb Raider - Underworld and use it instead of an original disk.

I don’t want to pay for some external program needed to play.

You didn’t state that freeware was one of the criteria.

I suggest you do some research in this section of CD Freaks:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f80/