To Mobile - custom image size possible?

vbimport

Hi!
I have been using DVDFab Platinum without any problem for a couple of years now to backup my DVDs, so thank you for everything!

I recently bought a portable player (cowon D2), and I would like to convert my top ten movies…

Player screen is 320x240.
It doesn’t accept files bigger than these values.

As the screen is quite small, I would like to be as close as possible to these values.
My problem is, when converting a 16:9 ratio movie, I can only chose (for the width) between 304 px or 336 px.

304 means I have black borders on the sides, and as my screen is not exactly huge, I could do with something slightly bigger…
336 means it doesn’t play on my device.

Is there a way to customize these values, to have a fixed 320 px width?
I would like as well to crop the sides / or zoom in slightly to have “less black” in the final result on the top and the bottom.
It appears like the resizing function is disabled. Did I miss a step here?

Thank you in advance for your help! Looking forward to testing your suggestions!

Gen

Hi Gen,

Firstly, what profile are you using?

Secondly, the profiles can be modified to allow for custom resolutions but you need to let us know which profile so I can have a look at it.

Hello GregiBoy,
Thank you for beeing so fast!
Unfortunately I have left in a hurry this morning, and I forgot to send the print screen files to my office email address to have this info at hand.

From what I remember, I have used
generic
avi
xvid codec
mp3 audio -> 128
forced bitrate: 500
other options are left to default

I hope it makes sense, I will have the exact info in a couple of hours.

Mille mercis
G

settings:

generic
avi.xvid.mp3
fast encoding
fixed bitrate 500 kbps
audiobitrate 128kbps

this is the part which bothers me:

frame resolution 304x132 <-- next value in the menu is 336x148, and I would like 320 x (?)
bits/pixel 0.519
aspect ratio: 2.30303

[COLOR=Black]So, is there a way to specify a custom value, do you think?

Thanks
G

[/COLOR]

I’ll do some tests and let you know, OK?

Great!
Looking forward to your reply!
(And please don’t spend your free day on that…)

So?
Is there a way to have a fixed width of 320 px in the generic settings?

Thank you in advance,
Gen

Yeah, you edit the sizes in the profile you are using… Just tried it for my PDA.

What you need to do is read through the document that comes with Fab under the C:\Program Files\DVD Fab xxxx\Profiles\Readme

eg: <size list=“480x160,432x176,400x192,368x208,336x224” />

Hi GregiBoy,
I really thank you a lot for your help.
Following your instructions, I have created a new profile for my Cowon D2, using only the sizes I need for the output file and saved it with a new name in the profile folder.
It magically appears in the generic list when I launch DVDFab, and is now my default generic profile.

So, thanks to you, my problem is solved!

Wish you the best,
Gen

[QUOTE=monday-friday;2026126]Hi GregiBoy,
I really thank you a lot for your help.
Following your instructions, I have created a new profile for my Cowon D2, using only the sizes I need for the output file and saved it with a new name in the profile folder.
It magically appears in the generic list when I launch DVDFab, and is now my default generic profile.

So, thanks to you, my problem is solved!

Wish you the best,
Gen[/QUOTE]

Gen, that’s great to hear.

Only too glad to be of assistance

GregiBoy