To Many reviews---not enough time~

Bottom line please…
Best DVD DL burner for the money?

It’s like asking how long a piece of string is.
The only way you are going to make an informed choice is to search this board, read the reviews and think about it.
There are new models coming out almost weekly what was a good burner 6 months ago may be superseded or no longer available in your part of the world.

The new samsung is outperforming my expectations by a mile - 162L - lightscribe drives… LG’s are good as well, as are benq :slight_smile:

WDA

:rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Hahahahah that is the Best way to buy a burner and then wish you never brought it And then keep asking your self why in the hell I didn’t read the reviews. As weedougie said “It’s like asking how long a piece of string is” Just because a burner works excellent for some body on there system, It might be a Lemon for you on your system. :slight_smile:

depends what you want, but basically what everyone else has said: read reviews etc
I wanted to ask this when I was looking for a dvd burner, and I wish someone would have answered it. I was ended up deciding between BenQ 1655, Pioneer 110 and NEC 4551. The pioneer had slower read speeds, and the 4551 did dvd ram, so I ended up getting that.

But basically, any NEC, pioneer, LG, Benq burner you buy will be good… differences are in the details :slight_smile:

I was ended up deciding between BenQ 1655, Pioneer 110 and NEC 4551. The pioneer had slower read speeds, and the 4551 did dvd ram, so I ended up getting that.

A Pioneer 110 also has DVD-RAM write support and the 111 is the actual one.

if you do go for a burner and you have costs in mind, remember that you’ll want something that burns Verbatim dual layer media that is 2,4x rated, at 4x at least. I chose a benQ 1650 and couldnt get it to burn at 4x without speed patching it, and once i;d done that, (maybe because my comp is old), it would spit out coasters. So now I just use my drx-800ul for DL burns and the 1650 for burning a SL dvd.

As others are saying, read the reviews and see what suits you best. If you want a good burner, i.e good burns, fast times, then the 1650 is good if you can afford the 8x media. Otherwise, see if you can find a burner that gives as good results burning at 4x as it does at 2,4x with MKM 001 DL discs.

*2.4x = about 45 mins
*4x = about 25 mins

Some burners burn the first layer eg. at 4x and the scond at only 2.4x. :wink: