To get more music on a CD-R

vbimport

Hai,
MP3 is compromised. So I thought is is possible to burn more music on a CD-R than by using een lossless format like WAF. Problem: when I want to burn MP3 still is 80 minutes the maximum time. I expected at least twice as much or more. I want burn several hours on 1 CD-R, which I can play on a stand alone.
How to do that?
(I use ‘audacity’ and ‘totaly free burner’. I’ve converted with ‘Lame for audacity’)

Hi, it seems that you mp3 files are reconverted to regular audio files when you burn them back to disc. I don’t know totally free burner but look if you can burn a mp3 project or something else.

Another very good free burning software is cd burner xp. It’s defenitely worth a try and it’s able to burn mp3 projects.

1. What do you want?
  2. What does your playback device support?

Audio CD is always CDDA which means 16bit 44100Hz 2 channel WAVE audio (motorola or intel signed) that should be able to playback on almost any CDDA device.

Even if you burn say 100min CDDA audio on to a CD-r 99min then you still need a playback device which recognizes such a media.

Also CD burner XP uses 80 minutes for a CD-R. What I want (if possible) is burn more minutes on 1 CD-R of music in MP3-format. Is that possible?
If possible, the burn-software have to give not the limit of 80 minutes. What can I do?

example, a 3 minute mp3 is about 3MB, a 3 minute song in regular format is about 30MB, so if you burn mp3 files onto a CD then you’ll get app. 10times more music on a 80min cd than normal. But as I said before, you need to burn a mp3 Project or a Data CD. When creating an audio CD your mp3 files will be converted back and you just have the regular limit for audio CDs.

80min = 700MB of data, 700mb = app. 20 songs in wave format
700MB = app. 200mp3 = app. 600 minutes music.

[QUOTE=wodan123;2629863]Also CD burner XP uses 80 minutes for a CD-R. What I want (if possible) is burn more minutes on 1 CD-R of music in MP3-format. Is that possible?
If possible, the burn-software have to give not the limit of 80 minutes. What can I do?[/QUOTE]

We need to know what standalone do you want to play them in?

Many standalones can only play a cd-r with WAV files on it. This is the standard for CD’s. Your software knows this and wants to convert your MP3’s to WAV files to make it a standard audio CD that will playback in any player. If your standalone is capable of playing MP3’s, we can certainly help you burn a disc with 10 times more music on it.

You have two similar threads started so I’m using this one.
These are some instructions for buring a [B]Data[/B] CD-R with .mp3s .
First seperate albums into folders of their .mp3s .
Several folders can be written to a CD -R .
Their total in MB’s has to be a little less than the maximum on the CD-R you use.
Then with ImgBurn in [B]Build[/B] mode Browse for the folders .
Load them all into the window.
Highlight all of them & Build this to the CD-R.
That should do it . Try this CD-R in your players .
If they play it then they can play data CD-Rs .
It will definately work on your computer.