TO EMULATE OR NOT TO EMULATE - that is the question!

I am not trying to flame or upset anyone in this forum but I think (think!!!) that the reason people would like to see an option to disable autoplay is because there is a chance that you could backup a protected game that would NOT play on a PC if BW or AUTOPLAY was NOT installed.

Ultimately VSO (awesome!!!) will do what they believe is best but they have ASKED registered users to help with the development (bugs & problems) of this software and some people obviously think that an option to turn off AUTOPLAY would be helpful (maybe only for “piece of mind”).

IMHO I would also like to this option but if BW5 can determine if emulation is required according to what hardware you are using and the backup will play on PC without software installed then I believe this should be sufficient!

In in BW5 won’t be an option for disabling autoplay i’ll continue to use BW4!

there is a chance that you could backup a protected game that would NOT play on a PC if BW or AUTOPLAY was NOT installed.

yes and ?..
install autoplay … and the discussion is over… you don’t even need to register for use it.

there is also a chance your twinpeak copy not be readable on some hardware… and nobody seems to remind that.

you want to watch a divx ? you install a codec…
you want to use a backup . install autoplay … that’s all.

about hardware used, that’s a little bit stupid suggestion… because the problem is not the writing part ( we already optimized depending the hardware : ex plextor premium ) but the reading… and how to know the reader model to be used as you are complaining to make it work on external computers than the one where bw is installed…

about the feedback of the customers… as I listen to the registered users who write me… and at the moment I don’t have a list of customers complaining of this in my mailbox.

Originally posted by lapinou
there is also a chance your twinpeak copy not be readable on some hardware… and nobody seems to remind that.

Not so. FP and I regularly remind people that a twinpeak copy won’t install from a plextor, toshiba or asus drive (and there’s always a chance that it won’t even work to play).

However, your point is well taken. Only a plex premium with blindwrite is able to make a fully working copy of securom 4.8x without the assistance of either twinpeak (which will not work on all drives) or some form of emulation (whether that be blindwrite’s autoplay or alcohol’s RMPS emulation).

thanks Philamber for your feedback and precisions.

OK your point is taken but I have a plex premium & lite-on 523257s so I like to make backups that down need emulation or autoplay. I just like as close to possible as original.

except than you don’t need to set up anything. If you are using premium, whatever it is displayed autoplay, the copy will run everywhere , autoplay will be used ONLY for hidding atip and ONLY IF required. that’s why Autoplay is smart and you should not take care about this, and trust us a little bit !

i dont understand why people are against autoplay? when clonecd implanted the ability to hide atip, nobody complained. When VSO does the same, and does it a smart way (the user doesnt have to think about it, autoplay does it automatic) then everyone starts complaining.
i for one like autoplay.

we should create some tee shirts…
2 versions :

I use Autoplay, I am cool !

and

I hate Autoplay and I am a stubborn guy !

lol

great idea :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

This autoplay battle has gone on for some time. Those who read up on hardware and make a game out of making backups don’t want to use it. Those who don’t want to understand the hows and what-nots don’t care. It looks to me as if the Blindwrite team has satisfied both users. With or with-out the tweaker … the battle should be over.

Looks to me … CloneCD was on top, then Alcohol and now Blindwrite might be here to stay as king of the hill.

well SORRY

battle for such small details is funny too …
because I knew for tweaker to solve the problem …
And it is exactly where I would want to go … :slight_smile: … that’s better to be considered as an idiot sometimes…

Originally posted by lapinou
[B]
:slight_smile: … that’s better to be considered as an idiot sometimes…

[/B]

And it would appear job well done … sounds as if the new version is simple and should satisfy all :wink: