To crossflash liteon ihbs212-32 to PLEXTOR PX-LB950SA i need some files

vbimport

howdy, :bigsmile:

i’m looking for some files of plextor PX-LB950SA.
eeprom.bin (8kb) and flash.bin (2048kb).

to crossflash liteon ihbs212-32 (ihbs212-2) mfd: mai/2011 fw: 5L09 to plextor PX-LB950SA.

i’ll test the jitter scan option of plexutilities 1.3.1.

:bow:

[QUOTE=memory;2625746]
i’m looking for some files of plextor PX-[B][U]L[/U][/B]B950SA.
[B]eeprom.bin (8kb)[/B][/QUOTE]

OK … so, since we know that each drive’s EEPROM is UNIQUE (contains calibration data unique to each drive), I gather that you must hate your drive and that’s why you want to harm it by flashing another drive’s EEPROM to yours? :wink:

You might want to skip that particular stage and stick with flashing the firmware and then using the convert drive function in the EEPROM utility to complete the crossflash… but of course, not before you backup both your EEPROM and your current firmware first :bigsmile:

Here’s the unscrambled firmware you need in order to crossflash your drive: http://www.mediafire.com/?c6jyw8n5l23v1jv

thanks and yes i’m a hater. :bigsmile:

the jitter scan is very very slowly. is that normal?
i use a read speed of 8x but the real (current) speed is only beween 0.3 and 0.4. :Z

that takes a lot of hours maybe a half day. :eek:

if you change the cmd interval to 256 (max) the current speed goes up to 1.3-1.5.

is there a solution to get 4x or more?

howdy,

could you provide your ihbs212-32 firmwarefiles?. thanks.

@HM01

fw 5L09.bin 2048kb for ihbs212

[QUOTE=cvs;2625761]OK … so, since we know that each drive’s EEPROM is UNIQUE (contains calibration data unique to each drive), I gather that you must hate your drive and that’s why you want to harm it by flashing another drive’s EEPROM to yours? :wink:

[B][U]You might want to skip that particular stage and stick with flashing the firmware and then using the convert drive function in the EEPROM utility to complete the crossflash… but of course, not before you backup both your EEPROM and your current firmware first[/U][/B] :bigsmile:

Here’s the unscrambled firmware you need in order to crossflash your drive: http://www.mediafire.com/?c6jyw8n5l23v1jv[/QUOTE]

@cvs

i’m looking also for the unscrambled .bin firmware PX-LB950SA F/W:1.03 to 1.05 (2048kb).
do you have they?
maybe with changelog?

[QUOTE=memory;2626473]@HM01

fw 5L09.bin 2048kb for ihbs212

[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Can’t find file. Please check URL.
Maybe the file has been removed because of illegal content.[/U][/B]

what the fu… is that? :eek:
is that illegal to upload a legal firmware? :confused:

[QUOTE=memory;2626787][B][U]Can’t find file. Please check URL.
Maybe the file has been removed because of illegal content.[/U][/B]

what the fu… is that? :eek:
is that illegal to upload a legal firmware? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Megaupload side effects … unknown files = illegal files :bigsmile:

I’d like to crossflash the iHBS112 to the PX-B950SA instead to the PX-LB950SA.
Can somebody provide me the bin file of this firmware?

Would it be possible to please re-post a recent 950SA flash dump?

Thanks!

[B]use at your own risk.[/B] :cop:

EDIT: Link removed to protect against someone downloading these files and toasting their drive with a bad firmware dump before they read further into the thread :wink:

[QUOTE=memory;2657134][B]use at your own risk.[/B] :cop:
[/QUOTE]

The second generation 1.03 firmware included in the above pack is invalid (the others are OK).

Use this dump instead: http://www.mediafire.com/file/efcl29ffbbg2sva/PX-LB950SA_2nd_generation_1.03_dump.rar

@flinthopper

[B]WARNING:[/B]

Be very careful when crossflashing a 1st or 2nd generation drive to a 2nd generation drive! This is more risky than usual.

If your burner is a 2nd generation one, or once your drive has been crossflashed to a 2nd generation firmware, then you will no longer be able to correctly dump its firmware using the current Firmware Utility (FU) or any other publicly available tool (the FU will appear to work OK, it will produce an output file of the correct size but unfortunately the content of the file is just random garbage if you look at it with a HEX Editor). The current available 3rd party tools (FU, EEPROM Utility, etc) are a bit old now and they do not work properly (or work only partially) with 2nd generation drives.

The problem is that once you flash the firmware (using the unlocked flasher method for example, which should ensure a correct flash) the Convert Drive function of the EEPROM Utility might not work properly. If it doesn’t work, you’ll be stuck with a blinking drive. Make sure you’ve got a valid dump of your current firmware (check with a HEX Editor to make sure) before attempting to crossflash, so you can return back your drive to its original state if the Convert Drive function fails to work.

Also to be on the safe side, make sure that you backup your original EEPROM before you attempt a crossflash (the EEPROM Utility can create valid backups even for 2nd generation drives) and keep it safe just in case.

i’m a bit confused. :confused:
is your fw “PX-LB950SA_1.03.BIN” from 20[B]10[/B]/11/26 = [B]1st[/B] gen?
my 1.03.bin is from 20[B]12[/B]/05/10 = [B]2nd[/B] gen.
it’s newer with more media support.

what i did.

1. ihbs112 1st gen crossflashed to plextor px-LB950SA 1.02 with 1.02.BIN (fw 2nd gen).

2. download an original plextor fw by “PlexUTILITIES 1.3.2” (1.03.exe 20[B]12[/B]/05/10)
    flashed it and did a dump by “Flash_Utility-6.0.1”.

[QUOTE=memory;2657158]i’m a bit confused. :confused:
is your fw “PX-LB950SA_1.03.BIN” from 20[B]10[/B]/11/26 = [B]1st[/B] gen?
my 1.03.bin is from 20[B]12[/B]/05/10 = [B]2nd[/B] gen.
it’s newer with more media support.[/QUOTE]

No, it is not a 1st generation firmware. The 1.03 firmware dump I posted earlier is a valid dump of the 2nd generation firmware dated 20[B]12[/B]/05/10 (latest available).

[QUOTE=memory;2657158]did a dump by “Flash_Utility-6.0.1”.[/QUOTE]

The Flash_Utility-6.0.1 cannot correctly dump second generation firmwares. Your 1.03.bin dump is corrupt (if you look inside with a hex editor and compare it with the 1.02 dump, or my 1.03 dump, you’ll see that yours contains basically just random data instead of the typical structure for one of these LiteON firmwares).

[B]use at your own risk.[/B] :cop:
here is the new link. with fixed 1.03 firmware (thanks cvs!) and more.

@CVS- Thank you very much for your diligence in this. We greatly appreciate it :flower:

@Memory- Thanks for the fixed download. Now be more careful :cop::bigsmile:

Keresek 2010 Plextor PX-B950SA eeprom bin up. HELP