To Burn Or not to Burn

vbimport

Good Day all!!!

Are there any Dvd’s out there (New) that can detect that you have made a copy and relay this info to the owner??? (YEAH I KNOW THIS IS A REAL STUPID QUESTION!!!) I am not new to burning and have been make backups for a long time, but I was just curious. I cannot see how this would be possible. I was TOLD…hehehe that shark tales ect had this kind of warning or protection but I am willing to put a years salary on it that is does not…

WAS A JUST WONDERING!!!

ETERNITY :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue: :bow:

to this date…no. Copy only what you own.

Who knows, we might see this protection but not in near future, but mostly embedded in Operating Sytem and/or commercial burning programs. So the good people that make freeware will help us, I hope.

The DVD is mature format with the exception of some minor copy protection schemes like the Arccos, so we will not see many new tricks here, especially that there is very large base of standalone players they cannot ignore. But the new format like Blu-Ray and HD-DVD might have tricks from the start, it is always easier to implement.

Are you familiiar with Divx? no, not Divx; hehehe
The first Divx was an attempt to make a standalone DIVX player by CircuitCity and some law office in Los Angeles, this is similar to DVD, but not same. You actually buy a Divx movie at lower price, similar to renting, but before you use it the standalone player is connected to the phone line and gets permission to play. After 1 or 2 days you cannot play it anymore unless you either re-rent it or buy it with credit card.

Needless to say, this was not popluar, and had early death.

Something like this you mean? :Z

Advanced Access Content System