To all LiteOn *and* Plextor owners

deleted

now i am curious

Well, if you happen to have both drives. I actually found my answer here: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=PleXWriter%20PX-W4012A%20CD-RW&index=11

I was curious if VariRec made any difference on the Plextor drives, but needed somebody with a LiteOn to use WSES to analyze the disc.

If you have the time, burn/copy a music CDR at 12-16X (something in CLV mode) on a Plextor and a LiteOn. Then do it in 4X with VariRec on the Plextor. Look at all three discs with WSES on the LiteOn and let me know if you see any more C1 errors.

Of course, as I discovered, CDRInfo did this exact test, but a 2nd opinion would be welcome!

-Robert

interesting…but sadly enough i have no plextor drive

sorry

In Lite of the new LiteOn drive having a zero offset, I’m having to justify keeping my Plextor, because that 52x 2-sheep burner seems to be able to handle everything.

Robert

CDRInfo did this exact test, but a 2nd opinion would be welcome!

And well advised! :rolleyes: They probably just copied the test from somewhere else.

If VariRec on or off makes any difference on a proper reading drive, then OPC is not working in the Plextor writer for the used discs.

Originally posted by alexnoe
If VariRec on or off makes any difference on a proper reading drive, then OPC is not working in the Plextor writer for the used discs.

I was thinking the same thing…

These extra audio ‘features’ only show the drive weaknesses. (IMHO)