-An Voodoo3 card
-An Nvidia TNT2 card

Can anyone please advise ???

Greetz
VDM

Lookin’ down and say :
you really suck babe…
VDM

If you can get a good deal on a second VooDoo II card, then that’s the cheapest option. However, two VooDoo II-cards are not as fast as one VooDoo III-3000, wich is probably more expensive. But, if you’re going to spend a lot of money anyway, I’d go for the TNT 2. TNT 2 is definitely the fastest card available at the moment, especially the ULTRA edition.

One BUT though: If you own a lot of games which only support 3DFX, like GTA, wich is VERY ugly without 3DFX, You are better of with VooDoo.

Disagree…
A Voodoo3 3500 is big time faster than a TNT2… The 3000 is already faster… (No, i don’t want benchmarks that prove otherwise… benchmarks are nothing… When I’m on LAN parties (sometimes i go there ) it’s always very clear that the people owning a v3 are beating the tnt2 people as for framerate)

Furthermore… if you want to spend big money, but a G400… superb gfx quality (better than tnt cards) and good speed!
And dual head is pretty cool…

Maybe the 3500 is faster, I don’t know it. But the 3000 definitely isn’t!!! Another remark: The overall graphic quality of the TNT is better than VooDoo, because the VooDoo has a strange kind of filter that make the graphics a bit foggy. AND: the TNT 2 can take much higher resolutions than 3DFX.

Just visit for a full graphics card review:
www.tomshardware.com

review on all 3D cards and V3 sux shit at everything except when using GLIDE drivers.

TNT2 Rulz

G400 is also pretty kewl but a little more
expensive.

b.t.w 3DFX chairman/CEO has resigned (I wonder why)

BaDtObONE

The voodoo3 is crap when using Direct3D, and a lot of games are Direct3D only
these days. I prefer the Matrox G400 above the TNT2 (tested them both).
The framerate is lower but the graphics are very beautiful.

Watch out though, when you have a Pentium3 with SBLive!, and Win98 and DirectX 6.1
installed, the Matrox G400 refuses to work under Direct3D.
It can be fixed of course

There’s also a Voodoo2 12Mb in my pc, simply to play glide games like
Grand Prix Legends or GTA.

i love these voodoo/tnt discussions
well, i’m glad i have voodoo… when (usually i don’t) i play games i’m playing at 640x480 with the lowest possible detail settings…
speed is everything
and than the voodoo3 is the way to go…

i’ve said it before:
voodoo3: highest speed, lowest gfx quality
g400: slowest speed, highest gfx quality
tnt2: nothing… (a bit of both… good speed, good gfx quality)

i have a voodoo3 3000 cos glide is still damn fast

But if i had to buy now… i would probably wait for the next generation chips to come on sale

Voodoo3 : highest speed when Glide or OpenGL is supported, lowest speed when only Direct3D is supported

TNX to all for replying, I have
another question.

Can you use a Diamond Viper V770
as a normal video card, as it
has TNT2 (32mb) installed on it ??

The idea behind this is I can play
games that only support 3dFX, and
also games that support TNT2.

Greetz
VDM

Lookin’ down and say :
you really suck babe…
VDM

hoi

meschien stome vraag.

als ik zo’n voodoo3000 koop moet ik dan ook nog een vga kaart erbij doen of hoef dat niet dan zou ik gewoon 3fdx en 3d spelen kunnen draaie?

bvd

VDM: You can still install a 3dfx-card with your TNT2 card, because you can loop it with an external cable. This can however have a bad effect on your refresh rate. !! I’m talking about VOODOO II !!! The Voodoo 3 is a stand-alone card, not an add-on (Ook meteen antwoord op jouw vraag Ratje).
I won’t recommend putting two stand-alone cards in your computer as that is likely to give conflicts.

ok bedankt.

Wat is een goeie videokaart als
basis zeg maar, dus niet echt
voor games ??

Greetz
VDM

Lookin’ down and say :
you really suck babe…
VDM

Hé Hack, wat jij zegt is niet helemaal waar, ik heb een tijdje mijn Viper V770 samen met mijn oude Creative VooDoo II 8mb gebruikt en ik heb totaal geen problemen ondervonden.
Nu heb ik mijn VooDoo II kaart eruit gehaald en zou ik dus geen 3DFX spellen meer kunnen spelen…, dat kan ik nog wel.
Ik heb de driver van Creative waarmee je met je TNT 2 ook 3DFX spellen kan spelen.
Je zou deze driver alleen kunnen gebruiken met een creative TNT 2 maar ik heb ergens de gecrackte driver gedownload (www.chat.ru/~unified) en nou doet alles het perfect.

[This message has been edited by GoeniGoeGoe (edited 17 October 1999).]

Okee, misschien merk je het verschil dan wel niet met het blote oog… Maar theoretisch is het wel waar!!!(die refresh dan) Dat TNT2 geen 3dfx ondersteund, is enkel omdat de fabrikanten elkaar wat dat betreft boycotten. Als TNT 3dfx zou ondersteunen, zou één van de grootste redenen om toch 3dfx te kopen niet van toepassing zijn, en als je dan als 3dfx een inferieure chipset hebt, dan is de keus makkelijk. Ik ga trouwens meteen die driver checken!

Trouwens, VDM: in principe kun je met een simpel 2MB PCI kaartje al een hoop doen: Tekstverwerken en zo. Maar voor het grotere grafische geweld (3d-pakketen en zware grafische tekenpakketten) is een hoop videogeheugen en een snelle RAMDAC erg comfortabel. Zelfs met een Voodoo 1 kaart kun je veel spellen nog goed spelen. Mijn zusje heeft een P200 met Monster 3D 1 kaart, en daar kun je echt prima bijv. Kingpin op spelen. Wel op 640x480, maar dat is nog niet eens zo lelijk. Het kan natuurlijk niet tippen aan 1280x1024 van mijn TNT2…

[This message has been edited by Hack (edited 17 October 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Hack (edited 17 October 1999).]