i read Chikenman’s tutorial on “How to convert a DivX/AVI/ASF/MPEG1 to VCD”… encountered problems early on.
- i extratced TMPGEnc Plus 2.58 to a folder, and able to run the first time. i loaded a Video file, but Audio file was empty. not sure wat i clicked next but moment later it showed error. juz a tiny box with the word Error and if u click OK, the box won’t go away. Ctrl-Alt-Del cant endtask the “error” either. i run TMPGenc again and got this message “Read error occured at address BFF7A125 of Module ‘KERNEL32.DLL’ with 0078FFD0”.
now i always get this error message wenever i run tmpgenc, even after reboot.
- if after choosing a Video file, tutorial said Audio source will automatically be filled with same file name and a suggested output filename. Wat if it doesn’t, wat does it mean? Does it mean the avi file has a VBR MP3 or AC3 soundtrack? if so, how so i identify whether it’s VBR MP3 or AC3?
i then tried VirtualDUB. the output file is named .MP3 automatically can i then assume it’s a VBR MP3 file?
- anyway… i assumes it’s VBR MP3 so i proceed to next step: using WinAmp to convert to WAV. tutorial is silent on the WinAmp version… i’m using WinAmp3 and i can’t find the Plug-ins Output function.
- how do i solve problem #1?
- how do i identify soundtrak? is it auto?
- which version of WinAmp to use? can version 3 work?
any contributions appreciated.