TMPGEnc DVD Author seems to crash

Hi, just knew here. Been following ChickenMan’s guide to so far great success.

Just converted a few (2) TV Episodes. Added them to TMPGenc DVD Author 1.6.26.73 (made a basic menu for each episode). I followed all the steps leading up to this point precisely (well I hope I have, 99.99% sure I have!).

I’m now trying to Output and when I click Begin Output, it closes down. Checking the folder I specifed for output, there is a folder called Volume 1 and then AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, but nothing has copied/created.

The compilation is going to be 1.1 gig according to the bar in TMPGenc, and I have 6 gig spare on my HDD which should be ample to store the image (5 for a full disk as indicated in the guide).

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I have exactly the same problem!
I have just about given up with this product, and am giving others a try, but I have a suspicion the cause may be an MPEG2 file that is not quite in spec that may be causing it. An error message would have been helpful.

Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas?

Hmm… I have never had a problem importing any DVD2SVCD made mpeg files into TDA so not sure where to even start. There could be interference from other programs on your system, even a faulty serial number, etc.

All I can suggest is to try another alternative, being DVDLab (from http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/ ), they have a 30 day free trial available.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. I traced back my steps and I have followed them precisely.

I had this problem with v1.6, no idea what was causing it but I tried v1.5 and it worked fine :iagree:

Actually, I uninstalled 1.6 and reinstalled again. But didn’t register it, just left it as trial and it worked great - TV episodes came out with amazing quality.