TMPGEnc DVD Author Help? Video preview slow down

vbimport

Hi there,

ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I recently filmed and then edited my summer holiday, using Avid Editor in my film school. I then exported my film back onto Mini DV, and brought it back to my home computer to recapture at the highest quality I could get.

So now I have a 20 minute cut of my holiday on my computer, which is a 4GB .avi file, and I want to use TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 to put it onto DVD.

However, when I ‘ADD FILE’ in TMPGEnc, and try to put in chapters in the ‘Cut-Edit’ section, the video plays jerkily and the sound is all slowed down and distorted.

Is this going to affect the DVD, or is this just my computer running it slow?

I’d love to know if there’s some fix, before I spend a night cooking a DVD for nothing,

Thank you very much!

Matt

Hi again,

I’ve now used TMPGEnc DVD Author to output my movie to an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. When I play these from Power DVD the sound is slowed and distorted and so falls behind the video. The video is fine though. The menu I created through TMPG is fine too.

Does anyone know if there something I’m doing wrong, or is there something inherently wrong with my .avi file?

If anyone can think of any kind of fix for this I be most grateful. Worryingly little response so far…

Matt