TMPGEnc - Adding clips?

vbimport

Is there a way to select and copy a clip from one track and insert it into another track?

Thanks,
Harold

Which program are you using?

In any of them, you can edit and export as MPEG, then import the clip(s) into a new project.

I’m not sure what you mean. I’m using TMPGEnc, the program in the subject title.

The only export/import function I can find is for “keyframe lists”. Is that what you’re talking about?

Harold

Edit - Ok, I see. I’m using the DVD Author 3 w/DivX Authoring program.

[QUOTE=hcour;2045680]I’m not sure what you mean. I’m using TMPGEnc, the program in the subject title.

The only export/import function I can find is for “keyframe lists”. Is that what you’re talking about?

Harold

Edit - Ok, I see. I’m using the DVD Author 3 w/DivX Authoring program.[/QUOTE]

OK. There’s no direct way to do this in an authoring program, but you can still do what I suggested. It’s doable if you’re not talking about a lot of clips, though time-consuming. Just create separate DVDs or DIVX files of each of the sections you want to use, then assemble them in a separate project. If you want a DVD when you’re done, then stick with creating DVD’s, to avoid re-encoding each step.

Ok, thanks. Could you recommend a program that would do this in a simpler, more direct way? (Anything but Ulead, I can’t get it to run on my system w/o crashing.)

Thanks,
Harold