TMPGEnc 4.0 using 100% cpu

Hello all TMPGEnc 4.0 users. Just a question for you. This is the only video program that uses a continued 100% cpu usage on my system. I love the program but it is running very slow. I have 2 gb of ram and an intel pentium 4 processer with 3.4 ghz.Hyperthreading technology.The only way I can reach 100% with anything else is if i run 3 or 4 programs at the same time. I know it is a hungry program. Is anyone else having this issue or is there a way to fix this. I have no virus’s or spyware on my system, and basically run a clean operating system with some audio/video apps. And I am not running in pio mode either. My page file is 4096 mb on a 10,000 rpm rapture hd.Any help would be appreciated.

It’s supposed to be slow, but “slow” is a relative term. Perhaps if you give some times for a specific job, someone can tell you if that’s normal. The TMPGEnc programs are all multi-threaded, and most of them have a user option to disable that for some tasks. Barring that, if you want to keep some CPU time in reserve, simple set the priority lower for TMPGEnc.

thats normal…i use it plus i also use canopus and it has the same result…100%…no worries though

Hay man my old PC had intel 2,4ghz with 1gb ram 80gb HDD and it did run this app Ok…

but now on my intel core 2 duo E600 @ 2.4ghz/2.41ghz with 4mb catche / 2gb ram / 320gb HDD it flys :)…

i ues this software alot i love it as well…

but man your Pc should run it with flying colors …

what anti-sypware ect… does you got in your Computer. somethink is slowing it down…

as it some only use about 10% 20% max of your CPU and that is with a big clip or are you doing whole movies